SOLVED Graphics and FFB Glitching build 1109

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by JimmyT, Oct 28, 2017.

1. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I have noticed since the release of the GT3 Pack and subsequent update of the rF2 build version to 1109 my graphics and FFB are back to what they were some time ago. The problem is that you can be driving and everything is fine and all of a sudden the graphic glitches for a second, almost like lag, and the FFB on my CSW wheel goes dead and I have no control over the car and it continues in whatever direction it was travelling before the glitch. After the second (approx) it jumps back and the graphic catches up but I'm usually off line and in the dirt by then. This trouble was widely reported early in DX11 and seemed to be fixed but has now returned (for me). Is there a setting that I should change to repair this or is it something that was latent in the system which has been inadvertently overlooked in the update and is now turned on again.
    Some assistance with this would be appreciated as the product is unusable like this and it is my first choice of sim and I have invested many hours into it thus far.

Thanks in advance
    JT

PS I hadn't changed any settings when this started but have since updated graphics and CSW drivers (and CSW firmware) with no improvement, have also made new controller.json just in case.

My specs
    I5 6600 3.3g
    32g ram DDR4
    Nvidia 1070 8g
    Win 10 64bit
    Fanatec CSW v2 with pedals v2
    Single 27" monitor
    AA lvl5 post effects ultra (been like this since starting dx11)

2. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

OK while there has been no response to this information, I have been doing some testing and have tried replacing all drivers and checking components on my PC. As I said in the previous post I had changed nothing on my system and the only thing different was the rF2 build and new GT3 pack.
    I eventually got around to deleting my player.json :eek: and this has had a marked effect on the issue. My graphics aren't back to what they used to be but the FFB and glitch that I reported above has not returned to date. I will continue to test and keep you informed.

As a side note, today my win 10 updated to creator fall edition and has had an impact on all my 3rd party drivers, things like my fanatec, fanaleds, sim commander and sound card drivers have all had to be updated or repaired. Just sharing the info so people are aware. :)

Edit: After a heap of testing this has not recurred since the palyer.json was replaced. :cool:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017