Graphical options turned off by default in player.json file

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Travis, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Travis

Travis Registered

Hello!

I've been using the "rF2 Online-Tools by Chris (redapg)" website (http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlineTools/) to manually adjust certain parameters in the player.json file.My question is does anyone knows if the following graphical options actually do anything? Please note these are off by default.

Engine Emitter Flow - Whether engine smoke/flames flow over emitting vehicle
    Raindrop Flow - Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles
    Rainspray Flow - Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles
    Smoke Flow - Whether all smoke/flames/dust flow over non-emitting vehicles
    Spark Flow - Add to enable: 1=flow over current 2=flow over other vehicles
    Sun Occlusion - If true, sunlight is affected by cloud cover
    Tire Emitter Flow - Whether tire smoke/dust flow over emitting vehicle

Trying to analyse the options is hard with AI as one doesn't get the same results when racing the AI as sometimes they may race clean and other times it turns into "Days of Thunder" AKA Rubbin' is Racing. A benchmarking tool would be ace where different options could be tried without the AI changing course ;)

Further, I note Sector 3 has the option as rF2 in that one can choose to turn off the AI interior; in R3E this saves quite a few FPS by leaving off. Does the same occur in rF2?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I know Smoke Flow used to work in an older (ISI) Build as I played around with it, it looked a bit odd but was almost believable, but then an Build (ISI again, long time ago) broke it and it hasn't worked since I don't think.
    AFAIK Sun Occlusion is in game all the time and this setting does nothing.

Travis likes this.
  3. Travis

Travis Registered

I wonder if any dev's have thoughts on these parameters?

@Marcel Offermans would you be so kind as to offer any input on the graphical options I listed in the first post.

Thank you in advance.