Gmotor2 error when trying to race (demo version)

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Krambolage, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Krambolage

Krambolage Registered

Hi there,

Future new rFactor driver here ! (well hopefully !)

I'm trying to install the game's full demo on my 64 bits Windows 10 family edition (I upgraded Win7 into Win10).
    Installation's alright and the launcher runs fine.
    Whenever I click for a race (solo only, didn't try multi bcs the demo won't allow it right ?) the following errors are displayed :
    "Gmotor2 error: Error creating standard default shader"
    "Gmotor2 error: setting video mode"

I checked the Windows 10's application event logs (the admin tools) and got some infos which I unfortunately can't understand :
    "
    sidebyside event id : 78
    Activation context generation failed for "d:\installedgames\rFactor2\Bin32\rF Config.exe".
    Error in manifest or policy file "" on line .
    A component version required by the application conflicts with another component version already active.
    Conflicting components are:
    . Component 1: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\manifests\amd64_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.10586.0_none_8c15ae12515e1c22.manifest.
    . Component 2: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\manifests\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.10586.0_none_d3c2e4e965da4528.manifest.
    "

I already reinstalled the game multiple times, both in standard user and admin accounts, ran the soft with admin rights and in/out of win7 compatibility mode.
    Every tries leaded to the same result so I'm turning to the community ; can anybody enlighten me, or even better tell me how to fix this please ?
    Thanks you in advance :)

2. Krambolage

Krambolage Registered

bump
    anyone ?

3. Cesprost

Cesprost Registered

Any Answer?
    I've got the same problem!

4. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I think the demo is from ISI not S397.