gMotor problems

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Sergio Lorente, Jan 12, 2012.

1. surfboyrio

surfboyrio Registered

Same problem with a X1900 - I guess you cant complain if you don't match the minimum requirements.

I

2. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

This may well be your issue:

This would be (at best) something ATI could patch or ISI could change their coding for but considering the cards in the X1 series fall well below stated requirements for the game and ATI/AMD haven't released updates for the X1 series in about three years or so at least it's likely to be a no-go unless someone in the community makes some masterpiece patch for low-end GPU support in RF2.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2012
  3. freew67

freew67 Registered

Min spec is Video Card: nVidia 8600 GT or ATI/AMD 3850. If your card is older then that well its time to upgrade if you want to run rF2. Specs were posted well before release. Yes it sucks a bit, but you cant expect to play a newer game with a card thats core is from 2005/2006.

4. samuelkorthof

samuelkorthof Registered

It is the GPU. Because I use softth I had a secondary pci-e card for the 3th screen. Just out off curriosity I tried to make rF2 run on a X1900. Same errors as discriped. Rest of my system is Phenom X4 3,2 ghz 8 GB DDR3. Another fun fact *off topic* the x1900 and ati 6870 couldnĀ“t run together so now I have my old NVIDIA 260 GTX as a secondary GPU. A bit strange ATI with ATI not working ATI with Nvidia working like a charme.

5. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

That's likely because a 6870 is a DX11 GPU where the X1900 is a DX9c(ish) GPU. The architectural differences are fairly pronounced.