Gmotor 2 Error - Multiplayer Custom Skin BMW M4 GT3 error

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by alexish657, Oct 12, 2023.

1. alexish657

alexish657 Registered

Thanks a lot for the answer. Yes I got one that is actually created when I create my team in game. It should work fine, right ? Or do I need do make it manually ?

So you test my file on a online server ? Did you were able to test it while someone was on the server with you since the error message occurs only on others people present on the server and not me

2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Not really sure why this is happening, the only car that points to the test region file is a car that you shouldn't even have. Did you possibly edit the veh file to change the MaterialOverride= line?

4. alexish657

alexish657 Registered

What do you mean by a car that I shoudn't have ? I did not edit the veh, I use the one that was in the original file folder since I edit existing skin that I found online.

EDIT : Actually, where can I find the VEH file ?

EDIT 2 : I found the VEH file on the original skin folder that I use. The line of the Material Override show this : MaterialOverride="BMW_M4_GT3_BaseMat.json"

Can it be the cause of everything else ? However, I don't even think I use the VEH file actually, I didn't know where to put it in all honestly. So, I only grab the DDS paint, Json and Region DDS and I edit the skin and then create a Mas file with it, without using the VEH file that is in the original folder

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2023
  5. alexish657

alexish657 Registered

6. alexish657

alexish657 Registered

Thanks a lot, I will test it tonight. However, the file should be in userData/setting isn't it ? Did I need to put the icons in the folder that you point in your post ?

7. Highlandwalker

Just copy the downloaded mas file into the underlined highlighted folder. The icons are within the mas file.
    Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\BMW_M4_GT3_2020\3.61

8. alexish657

alexish657 Registered

Umm ok however, but I don't think this is the correct path to use the file for skin on multiplayer

9. Highlandwalker

If that's the case, I have no idea where to put the file. I don't play online.

10. alexish657

alexish657 Registered

About the VEH file that seems to be broken somehow, I already uninstall the BMW many times through content manager, but the issue still occurs. So is there another place where the VEH file info can be store ?

11. I did not see anything uploaded to the (my) server for the BMWs. Just to get it right: are you trying to do a custom skin upload with just creating a team car (or an alternative skin which will not be uploaded AFAIK but locally available) or do you try to add a league skin pack (like it is described here https://docs.studio-397.com/users-guide/custom-liveries-how-to-make-an-update-rfcmp-for-league-use but just using a mas file only)?

It is a huge difference - a skin pack must be uploaded to the server at least and the download function on the server must be activated so that everybody joining gets missing content (and therefore a skin pack).

Custom skins created by team car function will get uploaded as soon as you join a server and will then be given to all other players as soon as they join or coming back to garage.

The differences at least are (c8r as an example):
    skin pack
    - must have a proper .veh (as already mentioned)
    - must have a version number (or a version like e.g 3.61-skin)
    - must be placed / installed into separate folder (e.g. installed\vehicles\corvette_c8r_gte_2020\3.15-skin) on the server

custom skin
    - must be created on the client (best using team car function)
    - must have an rcd (not inside but placed beside it automatically by team car function)
    - will automatically be stored in userdata\player\settings\corvette_c8r_gte_2020\<skinname> (.rcd file in corvette_c8r_gte_2020)
    - will be uploaded to server as you join

For creating a team car I would recommend just to follow my video on team cars - and to create a skin pack follow the guide. Latter one is a little bit tricky, but the guide is really good.

Keep in mind: adding a skin pack for specific car on server side may cause trouble while trying to join other servers or will get in conflict with other content ...

Skin packs are recommended if you like to use your own icons e.g. in menu (I think names are also set by team cars).

12. alexish657

alexish657 Registered

@StoneRacing Hey there, sorry I wasn't able to join last night unfortunately, I will try today and let you know when I will try it. I was cleaning my folder last night and I didn't find anything RF2 related in My document or the Appdata folder.

I may have use the wrong term to described what I want to do, but with your description I'm trying to do a custom skin and then use it online on whatever online server it is. I didn't know that you made a video about it, can you please link it ?

13. alexish657

alexish657 Registered

Thanks a lot, I will take a look at your video for sure.

I didn't got the time to join your server still since we have our league race tonight and I don't want to create any error on the server and risking a crash or a freeze so we will use the default skin for each BMW drivers tonight. Next week we will troobleshoot more. One new thing is that now every BMW driver with a custom skin now generate the same error as the one I post. Again. The owner of the skin don't have any error message, but every others player joigning the server will receive this error. Some have even crash and freeze.