gJed : crash when export SCN

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by caterkiller, Dec 29, 2016.

1. caterkiller

caterkiller Registered

Hi, most of the time when I try to export the SCN file, gJed crashes almost everytime, ruining all the work done with it. Then the SCN file is truncated and impossible to work on.

I think it can occur when you have a big amount object files. On the track I'm working on now, I have more than 1300 objects. And this is a short track, on hillclimb or rallye tracks I can have more than 10k objects easily...

gJed is a super cool tool wich make a lot of things very fast and easy to tweak but it really needs to be debugged.

If you S397 could at least correct this SCN file bug, it would be very cool !

2. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Are you working with fbx or with an existing .scn file.

3. caterkiller

caterkiller Registered

I'm working on an existing SCN file. I'd like principaly use gJed to give objects some properties easily like shadow caster, solid or textures, depending on wich object I'm working on.

Of course I can use the good old Notepad++ to do this, but this is way more slower and visual than gJed.

4. Gijs van Elderen

Indeed, for some reason exporting an existing .scn file doesn't work. :(

Shadow caster solid/texture, lod, shadow distance, omni, spot light are stored in the .gmt's.

So you only need to adjust "collide" and "hat" and visgroups manually for the instances in the .scn file.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  5. caterkiller

caterkiller Registered

Shadow caster in GMT ??
    I think you're wrong mate... For example in my SCN file :

Gijs van Elderen likes this.
  6. stonec

stonec Registered

gJED was another project that was never finished under ISI, the .exe hasn't been modified in over a year, so ISI basically stopped its active development before it even caught on with modders. We can only hope that S397 will resume its development, but there are a lot more important things that S397 are working on right now and I can understand if it's not a first priority.

7. Gijs van Elderen

And those. :D