gJED and Blended Infield Shader Problem?

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by SimoG, Feb 22, 2016.

1. SimoG

SimoG Registered

I'm trying to use the Blended infield shader in my track, if I choose one of Blended infield shader, gJED automatically changes it in - Bump Specular Map T1 lerp T2 mul T3 Vertex Alpha Mask T1T2 - and the vertex colors continue to cover the texture. These do not follow the colors of the vertices but, simply, overlap each other.

I am thinking to had done something wrong, I tried to load the sample track but the same thing happens. It is correct as well?

Sample Track:
    [​IMG]

My Track:
    [​IMG]

In Game:
    [​IMG]

Thanks

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

With those terrain shaders you need to paint Vertex Alpha, not Vertex Color. It's all in the Shader description. :p

Track example is using new terrain shader instead, which is the Multilayer Grass/Dirt shader, modulating blending with Vertex Color.

It's everything on official documentation. :)

3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Blend infield shader is the bump map spec ... T1 lerp T2 with vertex alpha.

Blending is done with vertex alpha between T1 and T2.
    But you can paint some extra shadings with vertex RGB. To start set RGB to white and Alpha to "0". Select the vertex were you want to blend and give them alpha 1 and RGB still white.

Note: don't add vertex, edges or polly's to the geometry: it will screw up the paint job.

The T3 mul: if you have a high quality satelite picture, it does magic.

For Maya, Blender:
    UV set 1 = T1
    UV set 2 = T2
    UV set 3 = T3
    UV set 4 = unused in this shader

Normal and spec are using UV set 1 but are masked by the T3 (dark is masking)

Just open quebec with gjed. There are a few infield shaders with always the same T2. This is your base to blend transitions.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2016
  4. SimoG

SimoG Registered

Ok, Thanks
    I had not seen there was another thing :D.
    I may have found where the error. Even when you've explained in Italian forum I always thought at the blended infield shader :rolleyes: :D
    tomorrow I do some Test.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2016