Git Hub - Text File Version Control Rapid Community Development

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Chabba Ranks, Oct 14, 2020.

1. Chabba Ranks

Chabba Ranks Registered

Have you thought about releasing all the editable files for rf2 through Git Hub?
    This way you may get more community involvement in developing tools, tyres, cars, tracks etc. plus get a good feel for what direction to take things.

For example, if you released a HDV on Git Hub for say, a 2020 F1 car, based on a rough starting model, then before long there will be ten versions forked from this, which perhaps one will be shown to be the clear favourite, maybe quite a bit more accurate than the original. To create an entire car mod can be daunting but if the task is broken down into individual parameter files then it can be more manageable.

Seven Smiles and Kahel like this.
  2. Kahel

Kahel Registered

would make total sense to make this kind of platform open source.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  3. Chabba Ranks

Chabba Ranks Registered

I mean if they released source code then great, but I am not pushing for that, simply to propose the idea of version control for the text and spreadsheet files that they do already make publicly available such that it can be more easily and clearly be developed upon. Git Hub would provide a good forum to comment on particular versions of hdv, tgm, tbc, pm and ods files. Currently, you can comment on say, a complete car or track and critique that, I am just proposing a more granular way for community to interact with, fork and edit the raw text files that make up rf2.