Ghost In The Machine!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vegaguy5555, Jun 24, 2017.

1. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I am not a computer tech in any way. I had built my first gaming computer about three years ago but still feel like a beginner in many ways.

I have noticed unexplained things with AC, Pcars and rF2, which I cut a lot of slack for in the light of DX11 update and general over haul but both AC and Pcars should be pretty solid running I would think?

With Pcars I get a intermittent drop in frame rate for weeks at a time and then it runs beautifully.

AC on the other hand has good frame rate all the time but I have noticed a latency in physics at least two times through the last few years since release. The first time I recall is AI were out of sync and would spin you around in the straights because they were closer then they thought. One day it started working properly and everyone thought I was just imagining it.

Then at the beginning of this year the physics were out of time making it feel like there was no weight transfer in the corners. Last week for no reason (I know because I have not been using AC) I downloaded one of my favorite track updates to have a look and AC is now drivable again. At first I blamed Bitdefener but I am not 100% sure now because Pcars has gone back to poor frame rate. Bitdefener is turned off and Malwarebytes uninstalled.

I have not done anything in program files in either sims. What can it be? It's not a placebo because I have had other people drive with the same reaction.

2. Narrowbackwing

Narrowbackwing Registered

When is the last time you done a clean install Windows ? 7 / 10 .

3. Magus

Magus Registered

1st port of call, if you suspect OS is playing up, is to run the sfc /scannow command in your powershell at admin level. See if it brings up anything.

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  4. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

December. About a month after that is when AC started acting off.

5. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

Thank you! Will do!