Gfx card setup query

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by F1Aussie, Jun 6, 2014.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Hi Guys

I have a couple of 780's in sli and was wondering for the nvidia lovers here if i would get better performance from using just the one card. I have read plenty of comments here about rf2 not being optimised for more than one gpu. I have all setting maxed out and with a 22 car grid get 35 fps upwards.

If i am better to just use the one gpu for this is there a way to disable sli just for rfactor so that it will default back to sli for all other processes?

Cheers

F1A

2. Patterik

Patterik Registered

I had a 690 and find I get smoother and a better minimum fps using a single 780. Multiview works a heck of a lot better as well. Mirrors don't have the same framerate destroying effect either.

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Hi Patterik, thanks for the reply, i eventually found a thread in here about nvidia cards and i changed sli rendering to single gpu in the rfactor 2 profile and it almost doubled my frame rates, bizarre!

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

If you use single screen then not only do 2 GPUs scale great, but a third scales decently as well (based on me using 3 AMD 6950s on a much earlier version of rFactor 2 back when the Corvette was released).

In triple screen mode but w/out multiview (if you can handle the distortion and, compared to multiview, less horizontal visibility) the multi-GPU scaling seems to work as well.

If you use triple screens w/ multiview then multi-GPU scaling seems broken. I've seen instances where the frames-per-second would even be lower with multi GPUs. It seems to be a problem deep in the core foundation of the ISI engine as rFactor 1 and sims based on that engine (Game Stock Car, Formula Truck, etc.) exhibit the exact same issue when multi-view is enabled.

As I noted above though, with multview off, multi-GPUs work pretty damn good in ISI engines. Even in GT Legends, which I believe is based on a pre-rF1 ISI engine, the multi-GPU scaling works just fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2014
  5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Hey Spinelli, i only have a single screen and have found my multi gpu framerate woeful compared to using single gpu.

F1A

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hmmm that's completely opposite to all my single screen tests with rF1, rF2, GTL, GSC, FT, and so on.

Have you tested with any of those other games too, or just rF2?

7. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Recently blew the dust off rf but only for a couple of weeks before i took the plunge on rf2 but i never looked at fps. I last gamed on f1 2013 last year and no probs whatsoever fps was always 100+ with all settings maxed out.