Getmod Issue

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Juergen-BY, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hello,
    i`m running rF2 server on a dedicated server. I made a rfmod with cars and one track. For testing purposes i tried to get missing files from the server, but it`s not working. Tried with B494, B573 and B589.

Server fw is opened for the needed ports, the same as for the client fw. Multiplayer.ini have the needed configuration (HTTP Server Port="64298" // range is 1025 - 65535. Used for file sharing), client have the needed configuration for autoinstall (Auto Install Uninstalled Content In Packages Directory="1").

I made for this rfmod rfcmp packages, pointing for download to our server download section. For some reasons, i`m using snipurl for this downloads. Manual download is working without problems. Example: http://sn.im/28pqsm1

When i connect to MP, i can select our server and get the info, that files are missing and I`m asking for download these missing files. After clicking "get missing components", it appears "starting download blablabla and succesfully downloaded." and "Didn`t install everything. Check Component URLs for validity"

View attachment 12028 View attachment 12029

I checked the package folder and found downloaded small (700 kb) rfcmp files.

What I`m missing? Any suggestions/hints left?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
  2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

you shouldn't post anything here that isn't related to the current stable build 494

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I have the same issue with 494, 573 and 589. And, btw...very helpfull your post, Tig-green. Thanks.

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

From the unstable forum:
    "Please focus on the specific issues from 494-589 if you can."

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

It means the BES Nissan getmod URL might be wrong, or down.

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

..and this is strange thing, because the URL is not down. When i go to the URL manually, the file is downloaded without problems. Just another try to understand the problem: is there a limitation for the mod-id length?