get rid of all views except for COCKPIT

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by coops, Mar 21, 2012.

1. FatCity

FatCity Registered

Enforcing cockpit view is a way of equalizing things but what about the guys that use TrackIR stuff and the like, its usually these guys that want the forced cockpit views but in reality, their view is not equal to someone that doesnt use TrackIR, they have a different view.

Variable views is the way to go as then you can choose how you like it, no matter what hardware you have.

2. rer8

rer8 Registered

I have a friend who has vision problems and finds the cockpit view unusable... He is competitive online.

3. Jaageri

Jaageri Registered

Just like me, i could not play IRACING at all due to only cockpit vision that gave me headaches and the feeling of vomiting, not nice.
    3D-movies give me same problems why i just hate all the buy buy buy a 3D mumbojumbo tv NOW!!!

Good thing in rf-series is you can disable all the camera vibrations off, still hood view is my default view i use.

4. driver34

driver34 Registered

"bumper' view is the most realistic one.I am using a wheel to play racing games,and it is very unrealistic to see another wheel and hands on the screen,and the view is so limited.
    If you have a 3 monitors set then ok

invisible car cam feel strange at first but after a while it just feels like your screen is your windshield and you are looking trough it to see the road

5. coops

coops Banned

tim says it all right ere

6. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

I like options, most people do. My option would be cockpit, however, if my next door neighbor wants "bumber" or "left wheel" or whatever, I would be glad for him or her to also have the option. I like for people to have options, rather than some controlling entities I know of.

7. ozspeedfreak

ozspeedfreak Registered

This says it all!! 1 steering wheel, 1 windscreen and 1 bonnet.

8. schuee

schuee Registered

Could we get the driving view to show up in the log files?
    <ControlAndAids endLap="56" startLap="1">PlayerControl,Clutch,AutoBlip</ControlAndAids>
    (example)
    <DrivingView endLap="56" startlap="1">Cockpit</DrivingView>

So we have some idea of the breakdown of what the drivers in the league are using.
    Was involved in a league and for the new season we where going to enforce cockpit(F1s) about half the field where not keen to race so we had to forget that idea,and leave it as is.
    We decided 16 was far better than only having 6-8 on the grid

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012
  9. Neuro

Neuro Registered

Hmm, good idea, I like it. Hope that ISI can make it with minimal effort, so we can see it soon if they find it useful too. :)

10. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

thats why i turn off the steering wheel but bumper cam is not realistic as you dont drive real cars from that position?

11. Silent_alarm

Silent_alarm Registered

Yeah well that isn't "realistic", but it's most of the time the best camera angle to get the feeling for what is happening and with smaller screens you get the visual data you need only from bumpercam.

I have 17" lcd monitor, that ain't much, and bumpercam is the only reasonable option with a screen that small. I drove GT5 with 50" Plasma screen, that was big enough for cockpit view, but the feeling was still messed up compared to the bumpercam. Like i was driving a car inside a car.

12. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

but I was taking Realism ;) oh and you don't need a 50" plasma to drive cockpit view and still be real, just make sure you adjust your FOV properlly for the correct size due to distance you sit from your monitor, and if you have a small monitor you just need to sit closer ;)

Simon

13. Silent_alarm

Silent_alarm Registered

"Oh welcome to my thinkingnut again, mr. headache for being too close to the screen" :D

I get it that this too is one of those "sports" where better equipment gives you the advantage.

Now i have the screen as close as possible to me, right behind the wheel, but it's not close enough for good cockpit view. For that it should be like 30cm far from my eyes. So having a good cockpit view requires much bigger screen so you wouldn't feel like your view is restricted too much, it's annoying in real life too so :D And then there is the fact that the screen sides always feel like the A-pillars already since you can see them in your real view. But let's say that if i get that 3 screen setup with 180 degree view area, i'll promise to use cockpit view after that :D But the point is, it actually needs to cover your entire field of view to feel good or atleast most of it. Using it with smaller screen feels like you would have something restricting your vision. And some of us use smaller screens because that's what we have and can't afford anything better, or could but we have other things that need to be looked after first like real cars that need maintenance. And trust me, i'm constantly having a battle in my head which one i want more, my turbo Subaru to be in running condition (parts that i need will cost me over 400€) or bigger screen, new Graphics card and hard drive for playing. Both ways have their advantages :p