German Translation

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by COD, Feb 22, 2012.

1. COD

COD Registered

I'm currently correcting and extending the german translation file but I failed (at least until now) at two things:
    "RACE SETTINGS" in the main menu is always interpreted as a combination of RACE and SETTINGS and not as a cohesive term, which sounds wrong in german. What's the original term or what am I doing wrong? Is there a word wrap in the middle and if, how to tell Rf that there's a word wrap? Hotkey?
    Second one is "Vehicle Set" in the FFB options, which doesn't seem to be translatable at all no matter what phrase I'm using as the original one.

BTW, is there a trick for translating the same term at certain places in the game differently? ("Full" is not always the best choice for all options where it is used)

BTW again, the HUD elements need OEM-encoding in contrast to the normal UI of the game (rF1 needed complete OEM encoding). Can this be changed in the future so that there's no more OEM necessary? (since there are letters in some languages that can't be translated this way)

Best regards

2. COD

COD Registered

Hi ISI,
    maybe you've more important things to do at the moment (what's ok ;-)) but would it then be possible for you to post a complete list of the english translation strings which means actually a (filled) english .dic-file?

Best regards