General force feedback setting

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by enzocarbone, Jul 10, 2021.

1. enzocarbone

enzocarbone Registered

How do I set the general force feedback strenght? Not for a single car.
    Thx guys.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You can't. You need to set the car specific multiplier for each car. I'm assuming that's what you're referring to.

And to be clear: it should be possible to set a global starting value, and only use something different when you change it (with probably the usual indicator of the figure being shown in bold and a revert button next to it, if you've set it for the current car). And move it out of settings.

But right now, and for the foreseeable future, no.

3. enzocarbone

enzocarbone Registered

Yes, it's right what I mean. rF2 is the only simulator with a stronger ffb related to all the other ones I have. I had to create a specific profile on my Fanatec v2 CSW base with a lower "FFB value" only for rF2 and this thing bores me. I had to try with Fanalab but I don't know how to do that.
    Sorry, I don't understand exactely what you mean when you say: it should be possible to set a global starting value, and only use something different when you change it (with probably the usual indicator of the figure being shown in bold and a revert button next to it, if you've set it for the current car). And move it out of settings.
    Please, would you tell me how to do that?
    Thanks in advance.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I mean that's how it should work, but it doesn't.

For best FFB (reduced clipping, with loss of detail) you should leave your wheel on full and lower the rF2 vehicle specific setting. But yes, that means adjusting the value for each car.

5. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Almost all of the official content since the first gt3 cars have the ffb signal around 150% high.And so you'll need to set most cars to 65% to correct this. No k why they get somehing so simple wrong but hey h o.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  6. enzocarbone

enzocarbone Registered

At this point a I have a doubt, it's better to have the "Force" setting on the wheel at max value (120) and lover the FFB value in game, or lower the "Force" setting on the wheel and leave the FFB value in game at max?

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Because stronger feels better on wheels like the G29. People testing the game (let's assume they manage to configure it well enough to do some driving in the 2 hour window...) will more likely ditch it if it makes their wheel feel weaker than another game. Like shops setting more expensive stereo systems louder in shops because before anything else, louder sounds better.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

First option.

When the game output signal gets clipped with in-game of 100% (as above, generally around 70% will greatly reduce clipping) that lost detail can't be recovered.

So it's best to lower in the game to retain more detail, then put the wheel on full.

doddynco and PatientRF2fan like this.
  9. doddynco

doddynco Registered

You can adjust the global strength by changing the 'steering force' in the json.

Edit: I meant 'Steering effects strength'

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I could not find 'steering force' in my controller.json file. However, I did find this value:

"Steering effects strength":10000,
    "Steering effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)",

and I changed that to :
    "Steering effects strength":7300,
    "Steering effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)",

Logitech users may have to use negative values.

doddynco likes this.
  11. doddynco

doddynco Registered

It's floored reasoning because if they set it correctly the wheel will hit peak forces if the driver manages to get round a few corners and hit some kerbs. Also they've only done it with some content - the second batch of gt3 cars were set properly I think, so there's zero continuity. It's only one variable - and should be fixed/standardised across all content - not exactly a big job - I'd do it for them for free.