SOLVED Game stuttering

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Skrba, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Skrba

Skrba Registered

I need help figuring out what is the cause for stuttering. Stutters are short and not constant, they happen couple of times per lap, AI cars lag when stutter happens, ffb cuts off(wheel becomes light for a moment). There is no FPS drop, it's always at 60. There are no spikes in CPU cores. neither GPU is maxed out.

specs:
    i7 9700K
    RTX 2070
    32GB

Triple screen, VRS direct drive and Fanatec V3 pedals

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Press Ctrl-C when in the car to display the CPU graph, and see if that spikes when this happens. Sounds like it will, because your description matches what happens when the rF2 physics thread runs out of time. (this won't be reflected in overall CPU use logged elsewhere)

Then it's a matter of working out what's causing it. Running any plugins? Can you attach a trace file?

3. Skrba

Skrba Registered

Hey Lazza, thanks for responding and for actually helping me out with this problem. That purple line was indeed spiking and someone told me to reduce replays quality and that solved my problem. I have completely disabled replays and game doesn't stutter anymore.

As I didn't have too much time to test it correctly I will do it tomorrow, will try to reproduce the stutters and eliminate them again and see if that's really the cause of my problem or it was something else. So others with the same issue will have a solution.

ThomasJohansen, Levelup1 and Lazza like this.
  4. Oggmeista

Oggmeista Registered

Mine are short but they are constant, also i only just made a complete reinstall, as was having an issue trying to connect to online servers, so my install is completely vanilla, and the latest version of the game.......but i have constant micro-stutters and also cant shut the game down i have to manually force close the game using task manager.......is there a fix? or is this latest update causing the problems?, or and i am fed up with this is it these annoying windows updates that are causing the problems?, these updates have caused me problem after problem btw, including causing my steering wheel to stop working, so i wouldn't be at all surprised....cheers

5. Skrba

Skrba Registered

[SOLVED]

Reduce replays settings or completely disable them.

Oggmeista likes this.
  6. Oggmeista

Oggmeista Registered

wow, well there's a surprise, that seemed to work, is that because they were replays saved on the old RF2 game version?, still don't see the connection even if that is the case, but thx....game seems to be working ok now, it's even closing down properly omg!... :)

7. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Hi, is this new since the recent build update? Any common thread with content you are using?