Game running @ 3600+ times normal speed!

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by lordpantsington, Dec 16, 2011.

1. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Hi, I just went through a reformat and occasionally when I fire up an rfactor install it is really glitchy and slow, but the animations run really fast. If I go to a test session the in game clock runs faster than 1 hour per second. So it is roughly running @ 3600x.

If I try to let the AI drive the time until it takes over is already some huge negative number and growing. The clock seems to be running backwards. Turning time acceleration on appears to make things normal (is equalizing the effect).

The odd bit is I've tracked the issue to the fullproc switch. With it on, or with affinity set to both cores rf goes crazy!

[​IMG]
    Wha happen?!

XP (SP3)
    Athlon 64x2
    GTS250

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Probably because of that.
    There is a patch for multithreading for AMD CPU's. Can't remember its name, but ii was released to fix weird things that are happing in some games using more than one CPU core.

3. lordpantsington

Yeah there was a hotfix for multicore for sp2, but it should have been applied with sp3. I'm also assuming that has something to do with it. Just wondering if anyone else had similar issues and how they resolved them.

KB896256 is the multi core hotfix for SP2, and will not install with SP3 (stating it is included/not needed).

working on it...

4. lordpantsington

It appears I was missing /usepmtimer from my boot.ini

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Hmm, weird.
    Glad you've found a solution :)