Game is getting worse by the update plus extra........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Navigator, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

I'd like to speak out my concerns about the game and a bit of frustration too;

There were some problems with -for instance- hanging of the game witch I never had and stuttering, witch I did have.
    In the B49, I got stuttering and worked for weeks to get it running smooth; B60 came and I got it back worse, not getting it out anymore......at least not as good as in B49.
    Also the hanging; never had it, B69 came along; now I can't drive 5 laps without hanging; screen freezes, turns black and comes back with me hanging upside down or in a wall.

Now were are described as "testers" and that's okay with me, but when there is something wrong and we post that here in "bug reports/problems" it seems nobody takes a look at that (from ISI that is). Hence the "staff posted" here in this forum part and the "bug report" part. Also, nobody is giving hints or tips from ISI or asks questions how it came, what happened or whatever.
    In my opinion, THAT should be the core business for ISI; the BUGS and problems IF we are testers.

And that's the reason I post this here; maybe ISI will see it now ;)
    Now I know that ISI not posting there, doesn't mean they don't read it, but some interaction or curiosity would be nice.
    I did have some trouble, but never an ISI guy said anything....they are busy, of course, but they do post here, way more than in de bugs section.
    At the moment, "staff posted" is here not very wild too, but all of you know as well as I do, that normally it is a lot more in this section.

For me; the fun goes away; game is getting worse for me and it looks like ISI doesn't really care about bugs or problems.

2. Anonim

Anonim Registered

what are your system specs?

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

click the link under his name where it says: Specs Supplied ;)

Model: Home Built
    CPU: Intel E8200 @ 3.2GHz
    Motherboard: ASUS P5K
    Memory: 4GB DDR3 800Mhz
    Video: XFX GTX 260 OC (896 MB)
    Audio: onboard Realtek 5.1
    Internet Connection: Tele 2

4. Anonim

Anonim Registered

you're right, sorry :p

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You've always been described as testers. This is an unfinished product and clearly, obviously, that's what's happening.

You said you worked for weeks to get B49 working as you wanted. Did you undo those changes so you're testing our product, not yours?

You're completely incorrect in your assumptions about what ISI care about or are doing. But it's OK, your opinion of course. Not everybody is aware of how testing works and the fact that software can perform worse for a long time before it performs better, although we did try to tell you.

Thanks,

Tim

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Tim,
    Well, I did not change the .plr files or something like that, just the settings and as a new build came out, I uninstalled the old one. (In fact, did once but made a new one a day after)

It is really no problem that we are testers and the game has issues, of course; even getting worse is not actually a problem, but I did like to mention it as you at ISI do try to make it better and succeed.....but not for all.
    Then comes the fact that there is not much "action" going on in the bug and problem section....and that stings a bit....I posted there before and never got any reaction from ISI.
    So it is not my opinion; if you say it is not so; then I believe you, but I said; it looks like......
    Have to see it from my pov.

I really am "afraid" that now MY game hangs, nothing is going to be done about it (because the majority has it solved) and certainly not when I post in the bug section; that what I meant.

7. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

I personally believe that they and by "they" I mean all of ISI read every post sooner or later. just because they don't answer you doesn't mean they don't read it. the fact is that this forum is not that hard to keep up with. Tim is a prolific poster and there are several others within ISI that post quite frequently. chances are that you didn't actually find a bug. or a new one at least. chances are with everything you see they've already seen it, the Alpha testers have already seen it and the current beta testers have already posted something some where in regards to it. what's more the chances are good that they have already addressed the issue or are currently working on it. or even more plausible it's already negated because they aren't even on the version you are. they're ahead of us.

I fully support the idea of reporting bugs and whatever we might see that we think they need to know about. however that being said I really can't understand the need for someone to hold your hand and explain their motives and where they are on their schedule. as far as I know we've gotten 3 updates in the last month, if I had to guess at how many posts Tim makes a day I'd have to guess at 20.

I mean really? is there some other company catering to your every whim for a racing simulator? is there someone else out there offering you a fully moddable sim? is there some other company where the higher ups are sitting daily weeding through posts made by people who are obviously way behind the curve?

by all means post the bugs you find. but a little respect and appreciation. I for one am thankful to even have anything at all. I know of no other sim company that gives a flying flip about us. ISI is people just like us... they know what we want and they're giving it to us.

that being said, start your own thread with specs and as much info on the problems you're having and not gripes about ISI and I'm sure many of us will work with you to find solutions.

8. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

and yet another whining poster,jeeeez

you want someone from ISI to come round and mop your fevered brow?

9. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Kristoff,

You said: "I really can't understand the need for someone to hold your hand and explain their motives and where they are on their schedule."
    Really, I don't know where you got that from?!!? That's TOTALLY not what I said, so please be fair and don't start throwing words around I did not say.
    All I meant was that in the section that should matter; "Bug reports and problems".....there is little activity....and as we are testers; you would expect a bit more of that.

And as for my own thread with specs and problems; I did.....several times....and was helped, except by ISI ;)

10. Navigator

Navigator Registered

MystaMagoo, so a bug report and some criticism is whining?

Is that all you can say, just trying to piss people off, making everything negative but don't give anything constructive?
    * and yet another clueless poster, jeeeez *

11. 88mphTim

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Tim,

Maybe it's because it is late, but that's not the point either ;)

13. 88mphTim

Well you said it looks like there is no care about bugs, you said there's no reply to bugs. I said why. Obviously I'm not capable of understanding, so I'll quit replying to it. :)

14. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Registered

getting really dissapointed with every update. it was ment to get better. so i see no central mirror for the nissan gtr ? and adjusting the left and right mirrors to view the dead angles is near impossible. and adjusting for rear view is certainly impossible.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
  15. dodswm

dodswm Registered

I have had similar problems with the game stuttering with the last 2 updates, have never edited my PLR files but deleting my userdata folder has fixed it every time (keeping the controller sub folder). That might be a bit overkill, so just deleting the PLR file and letting rFactor2 recreate it would probably do the job.

Edit: And i think the game is getting better and better :D

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2012
  16. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Try hitting the 3 key , that will give you some mirrors .

Games been hanging for me as well , hard to get a race only seems to have been like it since add the GT mod , might try uninstalling it next time I play see if that helps . using Vista 64b and latest Nvidia drivers

17. 88mphTim

In any case folks, even if you feel ignored: keep posting. We do use your posts. :)

18. D1Racer

D1Racer Registered

Guys, remember ISI is only a small team compared to most developers out there. They can't reply to every post, although I'm sure they read alot of them, especially bug reports.

Also, with every new update I always do a full uninstall/delete, then reinstall and update. Sure you have to redo all your settings and what not, but it stops alot of problems.

So far I think the game is heading in the right direction, but patience is the key :)

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

FWIW I've also experienced some instability with build 69. Game/system, lock ups.

20. Nand Gate

Nand Gate Banned

People like you make me laugh. You have a problem with your computer - and ISI is to blame. I have worked all my life in IT - and I know your type. Have you noticed MOST people dont have such problems? Have you noticed MOST people are getting the benefits of the update? No - you haven't. People like you should be banned from the BETA via a technology test and computer stability benchmark. On my randomly built, home made, crossfirex computer - everything works fine. I guarantee if you do a fresh install on a different computer - things will be fine. But you have the arrogance to post this drivel one a BETA forum without even trying. Amiright? Yup. 'Course I'm right.

I had the odd problem as well - not since the first update though. Uninstalled, deleted directories, reinstalled. Problems gone. And I didn't have to come here to whine at the team.

Get a refund and go away.

EDIT: Oh and another thing - no "editing" of files is necessary. The BETA works fine "out of the box". Who KNOWS what is wrong with your box.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012