Game fails to start ... Steam unable to help... any ideas, Studio 397? Thank you.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by rer8, Sep 14, 2018.

1. rer8

rer8 Registered

Message from you on Sep 12 @ 11:52pm | 18 hours ago

I get the following reports every time I try to log into Rfactor 2:
    Failed/BMW_M8_2018v2.3
    Failed/Corvette_C7R_GTE_2017v2.3
    Failed/Oreca_07_LMP2_2017v2.3
    Failed/Porsche_991RSR_GTE_2017v2.3
    AND
    a comment like the following for each of the items listed above
    Orange in color
    BMW_M8_GTE?2018 v2.3 requires unknown base mod to be installed./ BMW_M8_GTE_2018 2.3

The game fails to start most of the time... please correct or send detailed instructions, so I can repair this problem.

Message from Steam Support on Sep 13 @ 3:12pm | 3 hours ago
    Hey there,

rFactor 2 is an awesome game! I'd love to help you out but this sounds more like in-game issue.

Please note, rFactor 2 was not created by Valve. It'd be more effective for you to reach out the rFactor 2 support team to fix the errors you mentioned above.

You can reach rFactor 2 support by using the information from the Official Support section here.

I hope this was helpful!

Steam Support
    Soul

2. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Assuming you have bought the GTE pack, go to your Steam inventory where you will find the GTE cars, unsubscribe, restart Steam and they should download.

rer8 likes this.
  3. rer8

rer8 Registered

ADSTA, first let me thank you for your interest and help. I did in fact purchase the cars when they first came out, I think it was in July. I determined that I did not want the car set after driving for about 20 minutes and requested a refund. At first all was well and I got my money back, BUT, shortly after the transaction I began receiving the notifications that I delineated above. I tolerated it until it became an enormous Pain ***, and I requested some help. No one helped except you. Steam blew me off, and, you were my only reply. I repurchased the cars earlier this evening and have driven them and started my game several times and now it works, as advertised.
    The takeaway for me is don't buy anything and return it because Steam left "trash" in my game that created the aforementioned problems.

Thank you for your help, and I hope that this information helps the next poor soul that purchases "something," and returns it.

4. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Did you unsubscribe after getting a refund, could they have been trying to install but couldn’t because of refund