Game does not start

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Daniel Soro, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Daniel Soro

Daniel Soro Registered

I had already installed rFactor 2 before. But now nothing works anymore. The game was freshly installed on an SSD. The file integrity was checked 3 times. Workshop tracks and vehicles are subscribed. The UserData folder has already been deleted twice. The Redis have been installed (DirectX and Runtimes).

But I get the following message every time I start
    "Processing of the process finished with code 3221225781".

When I try to start the dedicated server, it tells me that no mods are installed. But in the "Installed" folder I have already manually installed a mod track and a vehicle (Oschersleben and Tatus). Both are free mods.

Unfortunately, I don't know what to do and would appreciate any advice. Is it possible that there are remnants of the old installation somewhere in the registry? The only thing that has changed is that I have been running Windows 11 for a long time. When I switched from Windows 10 to 11, Steam showed that rFactor 2 was no longer installed. I then tried to remove everything from rFactor 2.

Now with the new content drop, I wanted to take a look at rF2 again and reinstalled it completely on a different hard drive. I didn't find any leftovers on the old disk and Steam also recognises the correct folder.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The game doesn't start, or the dedi doesn't start? Those are very different things with different potential solutions.

Google says 3221225781 relates to missing runtimes or dll. If you've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Support\Runtimes (all 4 of them) you're perhaps going to have to do some sleuthing work to find out what's missing - the issue may be deeper than just rF2.

3. lagg

lagg Registered

Tracks and cars are not mods.
    You have to create a mod with the mas2.exe

4. Daniel Soro

Daniel Soro Registered

I was first try to start the Game itself, after the game wasn't starting, i was try to use the dedicated server executable to maybe get another hint.

I am an old guy that remeber every content that's not part of the Base game on installation is a Mod in my terms. But i mean i was install this rfcmp thingy with the MddMgr manually.

I was try to google this code and don't find this exact answare, i was just install missing 2013 Redis since 2012 was already installed. But i will try to reinstall them.

5. lagg

lagg Registered

When ISI developed rF2, had the bad idea of calling mod to a package that contains (or links) a track and a car (as minimum)
    That mod isn't a rfcmp is a rfmod.
    You need to create a rfmod to run a server.