Game crashes on pressing RACE

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Yoeri Gijsen, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

Hello,

I've had this problem for a while now, extending over several builds of the game and with both Windows 7 and 10.

Whenever I load into a server and press RACE the game crashes after about a second, which coincides with the plug-in icon appearing. It usually takes a couple of tries to overcome the error.

I assume the plug-ins somehow overload the game or cause some kind of error.

These are the plug-ins I run:
    MoTeC
    DeltaBest
    TrackMap

Is there some way to keep the game from crashing without ditching the plug-ins?

2. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Delete 1 at a time to find the offending plugin.

3. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

I guess its TrackMap with some missing or wrong c++ runtimes

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Plugins have a lot of freedom with what they do, and if there is a file they need missing there's really no way around it. So you can't somehow make the game stop them crashing and still have the plugin.

As MystaMagoo said, take them out one at a time to work out which one is crashing, then try to find a solution (updated version, reinstall, etc). I wouldn't expect it to be the motec plugin (haven't had any reports of crashing at that point) but you never know :p

5. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

I figured it was the MoTeC pluging. I went on to replace it with the DAM-version for my 982 installation. Seems fine now. I'll just have to suffer MoTeC crashes for leagues that still run 946.

Thanks for the help!