Game crashed AGAIN

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Remco Majoor, Aug 23, 2022.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

So my game crashed AGAIN whilst driving. Physics kept on running just like sounds. Game even kept calculating track cuts etc. Just my last rendered picture stays in my VR headset, but steamVR keeps on running correctly as I can keep moving my head around, but just keeps the rendered image in the 3d space.

I really need this fixed, as last 4 big races have been ruined because of rF2 issues, and there is a 24H race coming up soon that I dont want to go wrong again

Attached Files:

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Can you post the rfmini.dmp file(s) please?

If you have persistent crashes you probably need to run the +traceFlush command too as your log is cut short.

3. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Game didn't create one (this one is from 20/06) as the game didnt crash to desktop. The game ran (nearly broke my hand not seeing it hit the wall), others on server were seeing me driving. It only froze the graphics, but not steamVR.

This is a reoccurring problem, but just not often enough to be able to try and fix the problem. It does happen often enough for it to have made me DNF multiple big races.

4. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

which headset? is it vr specific?

5. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

Since I pretty much only use VR for simracing, I can't say if its VR specific. I am using the Valve index though

6. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It just crashed in the same way again. Need to have this fixed for the race sunday

7. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It is happening every few laps now, no matter if in VR or flat screen. If I need to log something, tell me

8. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

One thing I saw recently is Fanatec wheels on USB 3.0 port crashing the game after some minutes.

Another older bug was the replay quality above low causing crashes.

I would try to disable VR, and do a race on monitor to see if the crash stops too.

Putting the AI to race for some hours without you after doing this changes can shortcut your troubleshooting.

9. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It seems to be related to the Daytona track. Same cars on other tracks do not have this.

I already tried all the above, and I dont have fanatec anymore