G29 Pedal

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Jamie2023, Jun 13, 2023.

1. Jamie2023

Jamie2023 Registered

Hi Everyone, I am new here.

I have a logitec G29 and the brakes keep applying even when I am not touching the pedal. when I log on the g hub its fine and its on on RFACTOR2. Can anyone help me as I cant enjoy the game.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Is it full brakes? Or just a little? It's possible you need to clean the break potentiometer. Dust can get inside of it and cause issues.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In addition, over time you can get a tiny bit of brake application due to wear in the pedal set components and/or flexing of the plastic frame. Adding just enough deadzone to stop that registering will help that, but isn't a complete solution if you have some spiking from a dirty pot as Coutie mentions.

Contact cleaner is the proper way to clean pots, with my old G27 I found alternating with WD40 worked better (but that set was old by then, and I was just using what I already had). If you plan to keep using the pedals for some time yet you could get replacement pots, or try a hall sensor conversion, or save up for better pedals like the T-LCM and transform your driving experience too.

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Also while you’re at it make sure you don’t have the braking help turned on, default is F3. Settings for is are Off, Low, Medium and High, keep pressing F3 until it shows OFF in the chat box on lower left of screen.

Lazza likes this.
  5. Jamie2023

Jamie2023 Registered

Thanks so much. I make sure the brake assist is off but when I'm calibrating I can see the brake percentage flickering. Its on on rf2 it does it. I can't get to the pedals, can I blast some air through or a hoover. I will try all the other suggestions. It's annoying as I want to enjoy the game.

6. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

as suggested by colleagues, clean everything with contact spray potentiometer thoroughly. clean everything else.

me when I was using logi pedals, would install an old shirt, peeled under the pedal mount, so it covers the grooves towards the potentiometers to prevent dust and hair from getting in there. that way everything would be ok for a very long time.
    never need to use deadzone in profiler.

[​IMG]

DJCruicky likes this.
  7. Bernat

Bernat Registered

If it's just a little and it's unstable, the potentiometer is probably dirty. High humidity and dust are very bad for those potentiometers but there's a solution that will last a long time.

Cleaning them isn't enough, they will fail very soon after, I know from experience. For a better fix, disassemble the potentiometers, clean them with electric contact cleaner or isopropilic alcohol, then put a good layer of silicone grease all over the contact pad inside the potentiometer. They'll work for years without trouble. Silicone grease protects the contact pad from humidity, dust and friction wear.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
    kro388th likes this.