g29 asynchronous

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xG4bby_o0x, Dec 28, 2016.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

"Steering sensitivity" will not solve his problem. It might work on some cars, but it will fail to align with other cars that use a different steering ratio. "Vehicle set" function in controller page always aligns the virtual wheel with the physical wheel. If it doesn't work, it's either a bug with the G29 drivers, or G29 is not properly supported by rF2. I suggest contacting @Marcel Offermans and asking whether they have tested with a G29, because I remember rF2 had problems with G29 and G920 last spring.

2. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

I've already contact Tim about this. Normaly the value is not for steering ratio and must not have any impact on this. Probably a bug. But for the moment with race car value 2 is good and 1 for street car.

3. Rainmaker

Rainmaker Registered

As far as I've researched the problem, it´s because of a driver update of the Logitech Gaming Software. Every gMotor base game has this issue for me (rF2 and Automobilista, but not AC or R3E).

Reiza posted this in a message of 17th November:
    OBS2: Updated integration with newer Logitech drivers has been postponed for the next build (no need to update drivers just yet).

Well yes it is needed...

4. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

I think you're right ;)

5. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

its happening on a all sims, that means g29 has inaccurate rotation because is not even working synchronized when used at 900 degree

6. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Wrong, for exemple I've Assetto corsa too and on it no problems, works with cars at 900° rotation like street cars and I've right rotation also on racing cars with less of 540° (my wheel is always set on 900°)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  7. xG4bby_o0x

xG4bby_o0x Registered

i´m sorry that i didn´t replied but the last weeks were very busy
    i deleted the file, reinstalled it without making any changes and pressed detect. The game loaded the settings for the wheel but i had still the same issues so i opened the game files and it says:
    "Steering Sensitivity":2,
    "Steering Sensitivity#":"0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high. These are applied after other controller effects like deadzones, digital",
    "Steering Wheel Range":720,
    but i didn´t changed anything

8. xG4bby_o0x

xG4bby_o0x Registered

i´m sorry but i don´t understand what exactly you mean (i´m sorry i´ve a bad english)

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I mean how far does the wheel in your hands turn, before it 'stops' ? (Ignore the one on the screen, for now)

10. cristianuk

cristianuk Registered

people should not buy this wheel not because the rotation doesn't much but there are no settings for the force feedback outside of the games in windows like g25-29, you wont be able to completly turn off the feedback like is happening in need for speed 2015. all you can do is: enable center spring and select it strenght

Attached Files:

11. stonec

stonec Registered

The default is "1", there is no way it says "2" unless you have changed it. Make sure you check both the Controller.JSON file and the wheel profile you loaded in UserData\Controller folder. You can use "2" and you should get quicker rotation for cars with very slow steering rack. With "2" your in-game wheel should turn twice as fast as with "1". Anyway, the problem isn't with this setting, the problem is with G29 drivers and rF2 compatibility.

deceda and xG4bby_o0x like this.
  12. xG4bby_o0x

xG4bby_o0x Registered

in conroller.JSON ist says:
    "Steering Sensitivity":1,
    "Steering Sensitivity#":"0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high. These are applied after other controller effects like deadzones, digital",
    "Steering Wheel Range":480,
    in the logitech g29.json its:
    "Steering Sensitivity":2,
    "Steering Wheel Range":720,
    should i change anything?

13. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

You must have in controller.JSON "steering Sensitivity":2, change it and try again I think this will work better after.
    Find "Steer Ratio Speed" also and put it 0. I think you havn't following the post#10 in page one on this thread (30 december).
    But it's not important because you can change values in controller.json directly now that you have the good one in G29.JSON ;)

And remember in game set " FFB smooth " on 7 and "minimum torque" on 16% for start.
    After you could to try values nearest for better personal feeling ;)

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  14. stonec

stonec Registered

The reason you get "2" as default instead of "1" is because you have edited g29.JSON, so every time you delete the controller.JSON file and reload the profile, it will take the value "2" from g29.JSON and insert it into Controller.JSON. Technically the game will only read Controller.JSON value, so you only need to worry about that one.

If you already tried "2" in the Controller.JSON and it didn't do anything (it should alter steering ratio to double on the virtual wheel), then there is nothing more you can do other than manually turn degrees down in logitech control panel to something more usable, like 450 degrees.

15. xG4bby_o0x

xG4bby_o0x Registered

ok, i changed everything like you told me but if i start the game it sasy: "[JSON] failed to perform operation, unsupportet type"
    after that i deleted every file i changed and steam downloaded them again so i tried to start the game but i still can´t start it with the same dialog

16. Skan

Skan Registered

This video is for a momo usb but follow this and you will have 1:1 steering.