G27 wheel stops responding

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Makariel, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Makariel

Makariel Registered

Hello,

My system - MB: ASUS Sabretooth P67 Rev.3, CPU: i5 2500K @3.3GHz, RAM: 16 GB DDR3, GPU: Radeon HD6870 1GB, HD: System drive 256GB SSD (Intel), rF2 installed on 2TB Western Digital Black, Wheel: Logitech G27, Running Windows 7 64 bit version
    All drivers up to date. Clean rF2 install. No 3rd party mods or add-ons. I used the Logitech Profiler settings recommended in this thread:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-for-rFactor-2-The-key-to-being-in-the-Zone-D

I recently bought rFactor 2 but seem to have a problem running it with my wheel. After about a lap or so the wheel just stops working, I can still use accelerator and brakes though. When going to the Logitech Profiler I get the error message that the wheel has been disconnected and the LED power light flashes slowly. That is when I don't allow the game to change wheel settings in the profiler. If I do allow the game to change wheel settings it's getting weirder: the wheel just continues with whatever FFB response was last (in one case it didn't stop rotating/trying to rotate to the left), the Logitech Profiler crashes and takes the game with it (or vice versa, they crashed pretty much the same time). G27 power LED does the same slow flashing.

After re-connecting and restarting I tried the wheel with other sims (Assetto Corsa & GSCE), because I thought it might just be broken. But in the others I could drive 20 laps without any issue and did some Dirt Rally stage for good measure, no problem either. Going back to rF2 it stops working after or even within the first lap or so and sometimes crashes the logitech profiler. What's going on here?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Wild stab in the dark... what is the wheel plugged into? Rear of PC USB port? 'Audio connector' USB port? USB hub?

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Yeah usb or something wrong in your logitech profiler. This place would blow up pretty quickly if g25/27s didn't work with rF2. :p

4. Makariel

Makariel Registered

Plugged into USB port at rear of PC. Tried both the USB2 and USB3 port.

5. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Stabbing wildly tried running as administrator?