G27 wheel help please

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Brad, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Brad

Brad Registered

Hello,
    I have tried to search for the issue I am having without any luck so i'll post it here and see how it goes.

Currently have a G27 wheel, pedals and an aftermarket shifter playing R factor 2. The issue I am having is centre of the wheel (position) and wandering.

During gameplay (Bathurst is the only track played atm) when I hit the straights or get up to 5th/6th gear the car starts to wander on the track. I have reloaded the game, wheel, drivers etc. The wheel was pulled apart to find the optical sensor wheel broken. this has been replaced. A different G27 wheel has been tried (currently have 3 sim setups the same) and the issue persisted. Sorry to be vague, many other things have been tried to rectify the issue but without result.

With the default game settings the car has less wander and as the car is tuned in the garage the wander increases. Running 3 sims I was able to have all 3 setup the exact same way but only one has this issue.

Has anyone had this experience? Please help!

Thanks, Brad

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Do you have the Logitech software running? I've had my G27 for a while now and have never had that issue. Also, in the settings, have you set the centre point for your wheel?

3. Brad

Brad Registered

Yes the Logitech software is running (if you mean the LWEmon).

The centre point for the wheel setup in the game? I have tried a few different setups over hours with dead zone, no dead zone and adjust the rate and sensitivity of the steering. This mildly improved the steering but the wander is still there. It's almost as if the first 2 degrees left and right are overly touchy and the wheel has no force until beyond there.

Thanks for helping.

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Ya, the weak centre is an issue with the g25 and G27. I think I have a small deadzone on my wheel.

5. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

In the profiler, set global device settings for overall force to 107% everything else to 0(center spring, damper, etc) 900 degrees rotation. Make sure there are no "persistent profiles" set in the global profiler setting.
    In game, set smoothing to 0, car specific to 1, and minimum torque to 5%.
    These are my current settings, and the wheel performs flawlessly across Forza Horizon 3, Dirt 4, Beamng, wreckfest, and of course rF2.
    Also, check your usb ports. If the tab inside the port(where you plug it in) is blue, its a usb 3.0 port, and G25/27 are sketchy with 3.0 ports, meant for 2.0

Hope this helps. :)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  6. Brad

Brad Registered

Thanks mate i'll give it a try! definitely plugged in to USB 2.0.

7. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

I should mention that, in game, you should play with the smoothing and minimum torque to find the best feel.
    Also check the upgrades section in the tuning menu before you launch a race(vehicle selection menu), some vehicles have ffb settings there. Ive found in my experience that my G27 likes a stronger base setting, better road feel that way. Some cars have really good ffb and youll need to add some smoothing and reduce the minimum torque, but I rarely have to take the car specific force above 1~1.50. And minimum tq stays between 2-5%.

8. Brad

Brad Registered

rocketjockeyr6. Thanks for the help. This has certainly helped with the feel of the wheel although the issue still remains.
    It seems as though, only on the straights (racing Bathurst) that the car will wander left and right almost as if there were oil on the road (feels that way). Coming down conrod the car basically becomes uncontrollable. Wanders left and right without being able to keep the car in a straight line.
    Any ideas?

9. Hparadine

Hparadine Registered

Just to let others know I have had my g27 plugged into usb3 for a few years now with no problems at all...
    And brad, what is LWEmon? Just wondering.
    On some cars and some tracks I have the steering wheel sort of want to wobble from side to side unless you hold it real tight at high speeds. But can be overcome. Is that what you mean or way worse??

10. Brad

Brad Registered

I think I confused LWEmon with the Logitech profiler program.
    So it's not actually the wheel that moves. It does not matter how tight the wheel is held. The car will wander as if it were floating once at high speed. The steering wheel doesn't move.

11. Hparadine

Hparadine Registered

Hmmm, sounds as if the game is getting inputs from your wheel when centred,
    You did say the wheel has been pulled apart and a sensor was replaced,maybe something funny going on there mate.