G27 Steering Wheel sensitivity problem

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by b d shooter, Mar 27, 2012.

1. b d shooter

b d shooter Registered

My G27 Steering Wheel has become very sensitive. Normally if i turn my wheel
    about 90°degrees the person in the sim would do the same and turn his steering wheel about 90°degrees.

But all of a sudden if i now turn the steering wheel 20°degrees, he turns around 90°degrees. Which
    results in very difficult driving if i just can use 60°degrees of wheel range.

I haven't changed any of the settings, the steering lock has always stayed the same. So i don't really know
    what caused this abnormal sensetivity all of a sudden.

I hopefully i explained it clear enough, anyone got any thoughts how to fix it?

Thanks

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I going to assume you made a Logitech profile with specific settings and tick "use as persistent profile"

Did you try and create a new controller profile in rFactor2 and reconfigure again.

3. b d shooter

b d shooter Registered

I already tried to reconfigure the controller profile, but without succes. It's still very sensitive.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

So you created a NEW profile for controller in rFactor2 control settings.

Not reconfigure old one.

5. b d shooter

b d shooter Registered

Well i deleted the old controller profile in rFactor2/UserData/player, but it stayed the same. I also tried reinstalling the game,
    also without succes. Then i tried everything possible setting in the settings menu when IN-GAME, but it didn't make a difference.

I still have the problem that i have to turn my G27 steering wheel about 20° to take a turn, anymore and it will understeer,
    because i applied to much steering.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

So does it work in other titles. ?

If so a fresh rFactor should work, make sure you delete the old rfactor folder first
    maybe you left old files. ?

Try a lite install and name the folder different.

7. b d shooter

b d shooter Registered

Well i completely uninstalled the game, also the folder in My Documents. Then after i reinstalled the game
    and had a Fresh/new rFactor2 folder it became back to normal. But only for about 2 minutes.

I made a small video to demonstrate the problem, because i probably aren't explaining it that well.

I will write here evrything down what happens in the video.

1. I open a new reinstalled rFactor game with New map in My Documents.
    2. I choose megane series for the video.
    3. I go and "Detect" the G27 Steering Wheel succesfully.
    4. I press "RACE" and you will see that my yellow center indicator from my steering wheel is roughly the same as in the game.
    Then i just turn the wheel to prove it...
    5. The video cuts at 1:02 and this is where I ONLY changed difficulty settings and i drove 2 laps, NOTHING ELSE.
    6. Afterwards you can see that my Yellow center indicator isn't alligned with that one from the game. And i don't have to turn the steering wheel very
    much before IN GAME the steering wheel has a position of 90°.
    7. At last i show 2 pictures, where the first one you can see that the yellow lines are at the same angle, and the second one where they don't.

http://youtu.be/0kTVRk3tWO8

I hope that i explained it good enough, and sorry about the bad quality video.
    Anyway already thanks to DurgeDriven for helping me. ;)

8. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Are you using a USB hub?

9. b d shooter

b d shooter Registered

I don't know what you mean exatly with USB hub, but i am using the USB-cable from the logitech G27 to my computer.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

USB Hub plugs into your PC then you plug your wheel into the hub
    They were mainly for in the old days when motherboards had only 2/4 USB ports
    You have the best way.

Good point deak, I have new Carrera I have had it go funny a few times and I running from Hub in Monitor ....never thought about it.

11. taufikp

taufikp Registered

I saw in the video, in the Controller setting page, the button beside the steering wheel range is lit. Try to not use that (turn it off). Also, make sure the steering wheel range is 900 degree.

12. b d shooter

b d shooter Registered

Well i turned the button "Vehicle Set" off, turned the steering wheel range to 900° and it changed nothing. Still exactly the same.

13. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Have you tried to lower the sensitivity value?

14. b d shooter

b d shooter Registered

I have tried evrything in the controller settings menu, without succes. If i turn the sensitivity all the way to 0% it is just very numb in the beginning and very fast on
    the last bit of steering range.

15. taufikp

taufikp Registered

What about updating the driver from Logitech? Is there any latest update available? If you believe you already have the latest update, try to re-install the driver, just for sanity check. :D

Another way is by looking at the controller.ini file.

Find this line: "Realtime Controller Detection". In my system, the value is "1". So rF2 will auto-detect my controller every time I'm entering the real time session (practices, qualifying, race). But the comment there said that we could change it to "0" if auto-detection causing problem. Of course if you have this at "0", you can change it to "1", and see if it helps.