G25 - What is going on with FFB?

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Revan, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Revan

Revan Registered

See this video, hands off in the garage, and on the straight the whell is shaking form left to right all the time.

2. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Just a guess here; we know the FFB has been changed.
    A couple of releases ago, I was running FFB at 1.0, at a later release I had to turn it back down to .85, at another release I was again running at 1.0
    Now I think it needs to be turned down a bit once again.

Try reducing FFB (in game) a little at a time till that oscillation goes away.
    You will also notice there is now an adjustment for force damping. Reduce that a bit also to bring FFB feeling back as you adjust max force down.

3. Revan

Revan Registered

I was running FFB at 2.5 and steering torque per Controller.ini at 30. Even with lowering the ffb strength the oscillation is feelable, not very strong but annoying.

4. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

2.5 ! What have you got the logitech profiler set to?

5. Revan

Revan Registered

Don`t know what you mean - I have these in the driver settings: All set to 100%, allowing games to override settings.

6. vittorio

vittorio Registered

my guess is if you set FFB from 1.0 to 2.5 you also have to decrease this value in your Logitech G25 Racing Wheel USB.ini (by factor 2.5):

Steering torque zero-speed mult="0.45000" // Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque

to reduce/stop oscillation while zero/low speed, but oscillation while driving will still be there -> so reduce your 2.5 FFB (why did you set it that high?)

7. kaptainkremmen

This is how mine looks

View attachment 4406

8. Revan

Revan Registered

Because FFB on G25 is so weak. People always are talking about "sims have to be close to reality" but setting the steering forces to a comfortable level. Even driving a Kart shows you how strong steering forces are in real life.
    And since the FFB is the only thing that tells me what my car does in the game it has to be plain.

I will try the Steering torque zero-speed mult today evening, thank you for the tip.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

If you don`t mind me asking Kaptainkremmen why do you have "Use Special Game Settings" ticked and what does it do?

I don`t even have that option in settings... :confused:

10. kaptainkremmen

Yea , my bad. That screen is from the 'options' menu. TBH it doesn't work as it only wants to link to the launcher and not the game exe. I have identical values set in the 'Global Device Settings' and there I do not have that extra option either.

EDIT: It will work if you setup a profile and point it at the relevant rfactor .exe in the 'core' folder. Just don't try and launch the game from the profiler.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2012
  11. kaptainkremmen

Turn the tyre volume up :)

12. Revan

Revan Registered

ok, Steering torque zero-speed doesn`t help very much. Got to reduce the FFB-Level.