G 27 brake problem with clio mod

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bjorn de Haas, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas Registered

Hello guys, i have a problem when i drive the clios in RF2.
    After a few laps the brake keeps open and i cant do anything about it exept from pulling my brake up again with my toes.
    I dont have it with other games only with RF2 clio mod. Also i tested the Megane and the GT cars and they were fine.

What can i do guys??
    Thanks in advance,

Bjorn

2. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Hey Bjorn,

This I think is related to a typical G25/G27 problem, namely the sensors(forgot about the correct definition here) are not measuring the position of the brake paddle correct anymore. I am sorry for not being able to elaborate on this, but the issue is known and often seen. You can check the output of the brake paddle in the Logitech profiler. If I guess correctly, you will see the brake dail moving a bit. I myself had the problem before with my G25 and cleaned the inside of the paddle box more than once, but never really got rid of the symptoms. Now I've got a G27 and havent had the problems (yet):) I suggest to check the internet for the causes and remedies.

Greets,

R

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hi Bjorn,

I have the same problem and solved easily by setting the MIN BRAKE setting as shown in the image :)

View attachment 3493

4. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas Registered

Thanks guys for the fast reply, B1k3r i will try your set up but i see you use 100% sensisivity i only use 50%

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I got those with steering and with throttle in last few days, what B1K3R tells is how I got it fixed, I did loose tiny bit of range, but so little I can't even notice it.

I did go trough every pedal and set min + max settings (max when keeping pedal to floor) also steering, so I'm good for a moment until symptoms get worse again.

My wheel is G25, hopefully it will survive few years as can't afford new one :eek:

6. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I used to get this issue with my DFP. Unfortunately, it marked the beginning of the end for them. It kept getting progressively worse until it didn't work at all. At around the same time the G25's first came out, and I've had no problems with the pedals on them so far--and it's been 6 years, I think.

7. Bjorn de Haas

Bjorn de Haas Registered

I used the min/max trick and it worked perfectly

8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Glad it helped mate :)