[REL] FVR V8 Supercars 2014-2016 v6.5 Updated- 18 February 2017 - UPDATED FULL INSTALL

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FlashQld, Dec 29, 2015.

1. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Will try that as mine was set to 0 will get back to ya!
    Sry Flash.

I think it might just be the tracks sry mate...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  2. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

I've had a qwuick look at the guts of the tracks and they seem correct. I guess the next thing is to test a different mod. I've looked at Philip Island and everything seems correct within. Mind you it appears just about everything is set as Hattarget=True which is not a good thing as this will to my understanding slow the start up time and only road and ground surfaces need to be hattarget=true. This was an issue with Bob's track builder because it was dreadfully painful to change each object from memory. This could be done quicker with textpad editor in the SCN file but I digress and this does not solve the issue.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  3. Coanda

Coanda Registered

On my old CSR i had this custom tweak..

"Rumble strip magnitude":0.2
    "Rumble strip wave type":3
    "Rumble strip pull factor":0.8

4. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

I found the Base setup through a video review. It certainly made the Ford I just tested a much different animal. Thanks for letting me know about it jabbado.

Here's the link: FVR_BASE.svm

BTW, this is a very nice mod and I haven't seen it mentioned by anyone else, so I'll say it. The UI mod you guys made is also very nice. Thanks for including it.

Cheers

5. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Cheers for your words. Yes the base setup is attached to the first post and any further announcements of the new version or updates will be mentioned in that first post.

6. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

I think the Base setup is a good improvement from the install package. I quite like the heavy steering (is this mostly from the lower tyre pressures?) and stiff suspension. However, it turns out I'm a bit quicker with my own which has a much lighter wheel, harder tyres and softer suspension...and with it I can get ~25 laps at Silverstone International, which is a lot more than I could with the default. I'm not a fast driver by any means so I suspect my setup isn't good for anyone but slow folks like me :D

Thanks again.

7. jabbado

jabbado Registered

The heavier steering I think is more to do with the changes in castor/camber the Base setup makes.
    Yeah although good for tyre wear it slowed me down a bit so I mixed it with my own settings and it great. I've been offline racing around Nordschleife and can now get a few laps around it without shredding my fronts. Think my best lap so far is a 7:21. These cars are fun on any road track!

8. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Okay any chance you could rename yours as a setup and reattach, I thought yours was just a duplicate of ours.

9. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

The base setup will be incorporated into the settings of the physics to make the next update slight easier to contend with out of the box, this was supposed to happen this time but whoops we forgot. Hopefully the 2015 cars will be good earlier which means they will be easier but then to get the extra you will need to tweak them. I'm interested to try anything if it makes my driving better,

10. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

I don't seem to know how to attach files to this post, but you can download it here. I've named it Holden.svm as that was what I was driving when I saved it.

11. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Done and posted.

12. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

Okay, so there is definitely a problem with tyre wear (yeah, I'm sure you know by now, probably getting annoyed at people saying it, right? Sorry...). Anyway, the issue is with the AI, too. The setup might fix this, but it doesn't for the AI, I suspect you'll have to do a patch to change their setup, as with tyre wear on, they're pitting every 6 laps at Bathurst, which is a little crazy for a long race, and obviously gives me a massive advantage.

Do you think you could rectify this?

13. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

I believe this is sorted for the patch regarding the AI. Disappointing that it was like that in the first place but rest assured it will be sorted. We are actually happy about our tyres as this is what we tried to achieve but without the setup people are struggling. If you punish the car you will degrade the tyres. Anyway we will see what the physics guys do for the next patch.

14. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

Another simple thing would be setting that base setup as the default setup.

15. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

That is the plan :)

16. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

17. jabbado

jabbado Registered

Will there be an attempt to fix it so we can run roughly correct camber settings compared to the real cars?

18. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

There will be an attempt (if possible with the current ISI tyre model which seems to sometimes have an issue with larger degrees of camber)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2016
  19. Darren O'Brien

Darren O'Brien Registered

@FlashQld

I'm doing a Custom skin. The Only Domains FG.
    I have created a new Directory in game and the Car/Livery shows up all fine. BUT. How do I get the Windows to show ??
    Do I name the Windows DDS to the name of the Skin ?

Skin Name is Onlyalt.DDS so would the Window then be OnlyWindow.DDS ??

Can't seem to get the Window to show.

20. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

I would try naming it as OnlyaltWindow.dds and see if that works. From memory though the cars come with two window skins (inWindow and exWindow) so you may have to do new versions of each and name them OnlyaltinWindow.dds and OnlyaltexWindow.dds (unless this causes an issue with the filename charater limit ......... not a skinning expert :) )