[REL] FVR V8 Supercars 2014-2016 v6.5 Updated- 18 February 2017 - UPDATED FULL INSTALL

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FlashQld, Dec 29, 2015.

1. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

6.2 was removed so that we could fix the compatability issue.

You do need 6.0 and 6.1 as 6.0 is the base mod and 6.1 is a minor patch. On occasion we may remove 6.0 and update a full mod in a different version number

wrxxy likes this.
  2. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

I don't think rf2 accepts two updates in succession. You will need a fresh, full mod.
    Looking forward to the updates, BTW. :)

wrxxy likes this.
  3. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

One of the issues I had is that I have reinstalled my PC since version 6.1. I have had to rebuild the mod but to make it think that it was the original. I had mucked up a process to go from 6.1 to 6.2 - so it worked for everyone but the dedicated servers but it looks like I made a mistake. Just have to get my brain in action to fix it.

Obbzy_XR_ and wrxxy like this.
  4. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

An update to issues associated with 6.2.

Due to having issues getting our mod to update to the 6.2 version, we have decided to release a complete updated package .

This will be released in about a week so giving time to series admins some notice so as to not cause compatibility issues.

If you wish to not have the mod installed at the moment please remember to unsubscribe in Steam Workshop. We are sorry that we were unable to get the 6.2 update to work but this is the best way we can get the new changes out.

Remember to delete all previous version if you installed manually!

This will be known as FVR V8Supercars 2014-2016 6.5

This will be the 6.0 version including the 6.1 update and the above mentioned 6.2 update.

Following release of 6.5 we will at a later date this year, have an update to bring the 2017 skins into game.

In addition the team is hard at work on creating the new FVR Newcastle "Grand Finale" track for release later this year. In addition to this there may also be a small update to FVR "Hidden Valley" track.

So plenty to look forward to at FVRModding this year.

The changes to 6.5 mod are as follows

1. small change to CoG
    2. changes to undertray parameters to map more accurately the undertray
    3. Fixed radiator blanking so that clicking + sign gives more blanking and downforce
    4. Fixed brake blanking so that clicking + sign gives more blanking and downforce. Also made blanking in 10% increments
    5. changed shock adjustments so any setting can be set in Hi speed or lo speed.
    6. reworked the suspension parametrs incl. changes to F and R Roll centres
    7. Fixed steering so that 540 deg in game and 540 deg on your wheel gives approx 12.5 : 1 steering ratio
    8. Changes to Bump stop spring and damper rates.
    9. added more range to shock adjustments
    10. changes to tyre files to bring up to the latest specs form ISI
    11. small change to rear braking torque and ideal braking temperatures
    12. new default setup
    13. small change to rearview mirror position, not physical but image related

5. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Thx for the info

6. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Thank you for the info update on the FVR's Feralarri.
    Will there be a non-steam update to download?

SS

7. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Testing at the moment as far as I know it will be a steam update

8. pkelly

pkelly Registered

FVR - we :D(love) you...and your V8 Supercars.

9. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

There is a non steam update available from our website. Not sure if I can post links here but fvrfactor dot com

10. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

There is a also a non steamupdate in the first thread. All templates are on our website but I willupdate this site as well..

11. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

FYI.
    With DX11 (at Barbagallo at least).
    One of the few DX11 issues we've found so far is the Altima exhaust shroud has excessive bloom & shines extreme white.
    The other cars seem pretty good so far.
    :)

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Hi Team FVR, I've been giving this mod (6.5) a go in DX11 & VR these past two days and it's a right good crack! But I have noticed a few issues, whether they are VR specific I don't know:

- There's a sudden change of "shadow" at times during a race weekend, I think it's when I get near some of the other cars (can't pinpoint them), its like there's a sudden cloud cover to sudden sunlight even though I'm running Sunny/Clear Skies. Changing of Shadow Settings Low & Medium made no difference.
    - The Volvo Windows; You can see the roads White Lines "through" the black edges of the window.
    - Volvo Steering column needs a proper 3D mesh.
    - The Holden Steering Wheel looks very "flat" with no steering column & the hands not "gripping" the wheel correctly.
    - One opponent has a double left hand mirror, sorry didn't notice which one it was (2016 or 2015 season forget which I was running at the time)
    - During a race a noticed a Bug in the mirror, an opponent behind me had his front grill stretched beyond the side of the car.
    - Nissan Brake Lights is appears the left side work and the right don't at different times, PP Effects on Off & Low was the same.

Apologies for the abruptness of the Bug reports, I get little time to race so don't wanna spend all my time bug hunting but hopefully this can help a little, the 3D/Wheel stuff is more noticeable in VR of course of which you never originally made the mod for so that's perfectly understandable :)