Funky Dedi Servers Setup

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by RJames, Jan 22, 2014.

1. RJames

RJames Registered

Hi Guy's so just trying to get my head around the whole dedi situation as my install is playing silly buggers.

Previously I had multiple installations:
    c:\rfactor2 (first install)
    c:\desktop\server1
    c:\desktop\server2
    c:\desktop\server3
    c:\desktop\server4
    etc.

All separate installations, however the multiplayer.ini was setup to use different ports and they worked fine for the most part. (Only issue was that for the automatic download of rfmods i would have to put all of them in the c:\rfactor2\packages folder but was not a problem.)

The other day I decided to do a clean up, remove all the installations, remove all the rf2 related files and start a fresh (many old out dated packages, some live timing plugins etc). So the new layout was simple:
    c:\desktop\rf2 servers\public1
    c:\desktop\rf2 servers\public2
    c:\desktop\rf2 servers\league1
    c:\desktop\rf2 servers\league2
    etc.

Now for some reason, mod manager is still referencing the old c:\rfactor2 directory when trying to save rfmods and I have no idea why, I've even manually removed all traces from the registry. However that's not much of an issue.

As i'm running separate installs I like to keep the packages in the relevant server folder to only active packages. So as you can guess mod manager can get busy with the folder locations drop downs.

The other day I ran into an issue that EVERY rfmod failed to download to the client, after much head scratching I accidentally found the problem. Once I had gone into mod manager say for server 2 and changed the drop down locations of the packages etc to the server 2 folder, the server 1 rfmod downloads would fail. If i went back into mod manager changed the dropdown locations to server 1 and rebooted the server again it would work fine.

It was like if i changed the dropdown location in mod manager it would change the location of all servers where they look for files to download to the client.

Also i have to run the dedi instance from the UI Interface, If i run the dedicated exe directly it tells me no mods found!? Even though data.path points to the right location.

2. gamer-hosting

gamer-hosting Registered

Hello,

To start the dedicated servers from shortcuts, and can use the windows task scheduler to kill process and then start again, or to start them after every system reboot, just need to create shortcuts whith this properties:

"c:\desktop\rf2 servers\public1\Core\rFactor2 Dedicated.exe" +profile "player" +path=..
    "c:\desktop\rf2 servers\public2\Core\rFactor2 Dedicated.exe" +profile "player" +path=..
    "c:\desktop\rf2 servers\league1\Core\rFactor2 Dedicated.exe" +profile "player" +path=..
    "c:\desktop\rf2 servers\league2\Core\rFactor2 Dedicated.exe" +profile "player" +path=..

And check inside "core" folder the file "data.path" which must have inside in server 1:
    c:\desktop\rf2 servers\public1
    in server 2:
    c:\desktop\rf2 servers\public2
    .... and so.

This is for the typical installation where "core" and "userdata" folders are both in the same folder, ie, \public1\