Fun Events - Would this concept work for you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B1K3R, Oct 11, 2012.

1. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

OK, so I was thinking about rF2 fun events and came up with this idea, but I am not sure if it will work so I am asking here to see what you guys think.

At the moment, one can sign up to an event (on various portals), on a fixed date, track and car. Take it or leave it, the whole community 'kind of' has no say on what they want.

Soooo, what about, if there would be a little website/portal/whatever (which I or anyone can do) where people actually choose what event they want in that week, or a particular day, instead of one admin/s chooses the event?

It will work like this. Let's say there is a place, where one can login to vote for a combo for a particular day....

1. The user can then choose a track, car/or mod and a date (time would be fixed lets say 8 GMT or so but there would be different sections for those with a big timezone difference, eg Australia and Europe).

2. The user then votes for this combo and it will be available to others to vote as well. Users can vote to already existing combos unless they overlap.

3. Then, when a certain number of users vote for the same combo (for example 10), it becomes active and a server would be up for this combo. Not sure if this can be done, but if then the user does not show up, he is given -ve points unless he produces a valid reason. Points would give/remove privileges to vote etc.

In a nut shell, these will be fun events on "demand driven" bases! The community chooses what they want to race. See, I often go online and don't like the combos. Plus at a certain time, there are only a few people! But if some people can get together through this portal, then one can race against many others and not just a few.

So if maybe each one of us can choose what he/she wants to race on a particular day and come together, then maybe this will work and can be fun! I also understand that I think one needs a large community for this to work and I am not sure how big the current rF2 community is...

I mean, this is just an idea, open to enhancements, feedback etc...what do you think? Would you be interested in this concept, would this add value to your online racing and most imp of all, would this be feasible?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2012