Full Race Day simulation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FatCity, Mar 9, 2013.

1. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I don't know if this has been asked before but I,ll ask it anyway.
    Is it possible to be able to simulate full race day conditions, for example, run 3 classes with practise , qualy and race on the same track with the rubber build up not change back to greentrack conditions,
    I would like to try and run a race day on one track where there is 3 practise sessions, then 3 qualifying sessions on the rubber build up from the prac sessions and then 3 races with all the rubber on track from all practise and qualifying sessions.
    Can this be done with vmod or what ever its called?
    I know you can have all cars and tracks and run as many practise sessions and verbally restrict cars from each session, but what I want is a green track to start with and a full rubbr build up at the start of the last race etc.

Can this be done or can it be implemented by ISI in an update?

Just thought I,d ask.

2. SVO

SVO Registered

You can save your track rubber at any time within the game to use later if you'd like. I don't see why it wouldn't work in some capacity for what you want.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In single player or on a server?

On a server you can set the realroad as part of the weather settings. Just set the Practice to Green and Qual and Race to Naturally progressing. If you check the .swet file it creates you can see it defaults to Naturally progressing for all the intervening sessions (P2, P3, ...)

Single player I'm not sure about ;)

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

As Lazza says setting up the Real Road is simple (for offline too) if you have a Practice/Qually/Race.

As for simulating a race weekend, well its there in principle but I dont think its properly working yet, I had a fiddle with the following settings (found in your PLR file) a few builds back and it was a bit iffy. Setting more than 1 qually session resulted in split sessions, more than 1 Race worked fine IIRC but not tested this with the latest build so dont know how its working now (if any change).

Have a look and see what you come up with:

[ Race Conditions ]
    Run Practice1="1"
    Run Practice2="0"
    Run Practice3="0"
    Run Practice4="0"
    GPRIX Num Qual Sessions="1" // range: 0-4
    MULTI Num Qual Sessions="0"
    Run Warmup="0"
    GPRIX Num Race Sessions="1" // range: 1-4
    MULTI Num Race Sessions="1"