Full Course Yellow - Safety Car Out Message!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jefcam, Sep 21, 2015.

1. jefcam

jefcam Registered

With the latest build when there is safety car this message is coming in the middle of the screen and cannot see the road.

Is this normal?

View attachment 18003

2. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

Well, it does appear at the top-center of the screen by default. Nor that your screen would allow it to appear anywhere else, right? :rolleyes:

The main reason for the issue you're having is because the whole thing is intended to be driving by the cockpit view. It's a simulator, remember?

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, that's normal. Not sure if it's 998 or 982, but it's a great improvement on the message centre notification. But certainly blocks worse in that view than in cockpit, not sure whether they can do something to fix that (not straightforward, the cars define where the cameras are so can't really assume a particular area is 'clear').

4. jefcam

jefcam Registered

This is madness! Many drivers use my view and not cockpit view. I will see how the cockpit view looks and report back.

5. RNelson

RNelson Registered

I am trying to see the issue - yes, the message is clearly blocking a portion of the track but I am not sure where else they would put it so it would be obvious to the driver. Also, the box isn't solid, you can see up the track, and since you are under Yellow conditions you shouldn't be needing the same visibility as you would under Green conditions.

6. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

NR2003 : a small line on top of the screen and / or the spotter telling this kind of information, and it worked well. Bottom left worked well before, too.

7. jefcam

jefcam Registered

you can't drive believe me!

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In league races we had a few drivers not know about safety cars, some didn't have the spotter loud enough, some apparently did but still didn't hear it, and obviously they all missed the message centre notice. In build 998 we had a safety car and no one missed it. I agree it needs tweaking for non-cockpit drivers, but it's a massive improvement generally.

9. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

An option to scale it, move it or toggle it on or off, personally a flag in the top corner and the marshalls holding sc boards is my preference.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just looking at that screenshot again... that's still driveable. Not great for avoiding a wing on the track at speed, but it's not blocking your view entirely. I forgot to disable my AV once and had an update message appear dead centre of screen, not transparent at all... now THAT was impossible to drive with.

11. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Lazza its very difficult to drive with that notice in the middle. You cant see the turn and not even the cars infront.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's not the same as having nothing there, but the track (and cars) are still visible. Your screenshot has the dark area exactly where you'd be looking while driving - which would be annoying, but it also means you're focusing on that area and can 'see through' the writing fairly well. I'm just saying it's not impossible, and in normal lighting conditions at least I'm not even sure it's 'very difficult'. Could be better, could be worse.

13. Lou Is

Lou Is Banned

Hi, what mod is this or which mod is that (not sure which/what is the correct form to write)?

Thanks

14. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I've seen your screen shot and I disagree. Looks like you can drive. I can see it as a distraction when trying to drive at pace but you're just trying to catch up to the pace car in that situation. Problem? Sure, but "madness"? Not at all.

15. stonec

stonec Registered

You can absolutely drive fine at yellow flag / SC pace with that view. For comparison, F1 drivers can see almost nothing out of their car because the cockpit blocks 90% of the view, they sit so low. Besides, how would you ever be allowed to drive a civil car at sunset (sun going to eyes) if it was that difficult?

16. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Its' the F1_2015_rf2 mod.

In cockpit view you can drive, but from the view I use. Forgot the name, maybe Nose View, that message infront of your eyes is very disturbing. I know what I'm saying. Maybe it's this mod, other mods have no problems.

17. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

And also to mention behind a safety car there is no need to push at the limit. And with a slower pace it looks like drivable.

18. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Then this isn't the right place for this thread. You should bring it up in the mod release thread where the author of the mod will read it. Just saying as it's kind of useless here.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Probably worth mentioning this, from build 1008:

As for the above... many open wheeler mods will have a similar t-cam view, so someone driving from that view might experience the same issue. Now they can change the placement which is good.