Fuel usage per lap approximation

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by FatCity, Apr 9, 2015.

1. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I,m not a user of the plugins that allow me to tell how my tyres are going and track maps and all that, but I think it would be nice to have in the pitstop HUD a fuel usage per lap reading, not just how much fuel there is left.
    Something that tells me that my car is using 1.85 litres per lap etc ( 1.85 used as an example )

I find that the info supplied in the pit window HUD tells me all I need to know about my tyres and temps etc to see me through a race but it would be good to tell how much fuel my car uses so I know how much to put in.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You can customize TrackMap so that you only have the fuel gauge enabled on screen. That tells you exactly how much fuel you're using per lap.

3. Miro

Miro Registered

A live fuel usage gauge would be extremly helpfull aswell.

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I like not having this stuff. It sort of separates the people who are willing to use a paper/pencil and the people who ask "how much fuel do we need".

5. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I totally agree.

I love calculating my fuel so as not to carry too much.

6. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I went the way Hex suggested, don't really like the track map stuff so I just turned everything else off and besides, with 3 monitors, everything I couldn't work out how to turn off is way out on the edges lol.

I don't like asking how much we need either but sometimes things don't go the right way time wise and it would be handy to know straight up.

7. Miro

Miro Registered

Ha, would't say that. :p
    When it comes down to get the car to use 0.4l - 0.5l fuel less on a 3.5l lap then usual and still keep it fast and compitetive, believe me you'd use every pencil you can get at any given time. There are like dozens factors which have influence on fuel usage in rf2. When u really fight for the last drop of it and the last tenth u can find a pencil alone is not enough anymore. Well it sort of is but u get sick of it. Well not realy sick of it but you get the point I hope.

8. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I just use a calculator.

9. Miro

Miro Registered

A calculator doesn't help saving fuel. :p

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Exactly and that's the brilliance of it IMO. Those guys who can figure out to the last drop, maybe even those same guys having some doubt during the race too vs the guys who only did a 5 lap average then added in an extra 10 litres to be safe and so on. Just my two cents though. :)

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

I would like tyres saved in garage, rather then having to select no tyres for pits on the startline.

Besides, opening huds in 1966 just rubs me the wrong way and breaks the immersion. :)