Fuel consuption calculator plugins?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by R Soul, Feb 27, 2017.

1. R Soul

R Soul Registered

Some tracks don't correctly calculate how many laps we can do with a given amount of fuel. It doesn't help that the game seems to automatically make a pit stop request when the fuel laps number is low, rather than the amount of fuel being below a set amount.

Does anyone know if there are any plugins or game settings that can help with this problem? The best solution would know if a pitstop request was too soon, and cancel it, and would make the request itself when the fuel dropped below a certain amount, either calculated or pre-set. It would then look at the number of stops you wanted to make, and the remaining number of laps (or time remaining) and using your existing fuel usage, would work out how much more you needed till your next stop, or the end of the race.

2. AceLain

AceLain Registered

3. Depco

Depco Registered

I use the trackmap plugin for fuel calculations. It is pretty much spot on. However, It does not actually request a pit stop. That is still handled by the driver.

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Beauty of track map is it calculates laps ,usage per lap and time remaining, ideal for timed races ..

5. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

V-HUD has an amazing fuel calculating widget.

6. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Channel Report. Do at least a 10 lap stint, average. I have Maths but the weighting for the start and end of a lap are off.

7. R Soul

R Soul Registered

Thanks for the advice. I've found TrackMap to be very accurate. I find so many on screen items distracting, so I've turned most things off. All I have left are the fuel counter, a lap/time counter at the top, and the delta times which pop up at each sector. Does anyone know if the latter two can be hidden?

I might give VHUD a go, if specific things can be turned off.

8. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

I think so yes, although I only have little experience of using the thing yet.
    Press alt+space to bring up the menu then enter then use the arrows keys to cycle through the various widgets.
    When you get to the one you want it should say ON under it in which case I press enter and it switches to off and that's it.
    Or you can track down said widget from the menu we brought up earlier and get directly to it with the arrow keys, provided you can recognize which one it is from it's description.