Fresh install of W-10; keeping old install?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Navigator, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

Like the title says; I want to do a clean install of Windows 10 x64. I have a steam version of rF2 so thats okay, but I also have an old install of rF2 to "mess around with 1001 projects".
    I would like to keep that version too, but is that even possible? In a legal way that is of course.

Also; are there any hints and tips you would give a person installing W-10 who uses the system just for rF2?

Thanks in advance!

2. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Your copy of win 10 is original? If not I suggest to test the win10 LTSB for 90 days before...it is a smallest version of Win10 without cortana, edge, store and so on...
    If you use an original key (I hope yes) you can download the new updated iso from microsoft ( use "media creation tool") and perform a clean Install, by this way you will have the latest Win10 build (the "creator" one) on your PC, just remember to back up all your files and drivers...

Rastas likes this.
  3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

The steam install is accessable when you reinstall steam. You can assign your existing steam library.
    If the second "1001 projects" is an old standalone version, you have to save your credentials, then it works as before.

4. Rastas

Rastas Registered

I have updated to W10 last night and all is working great,i have choosed the option to keep the files and folders,the only thing i have to update was the graphics drivers :)