Frequent crash to desktop Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Murtaya, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

It's probably already been mentioned but I find that since 300 it has become worse.

Crashes to desktop during qualify, crashes to desktop as race begins. Most often as the status changes from qualify to race. Super frustrating trying to reconnect to the server you just did a good qualify in time to start the race, then remember the setup you were using and trying to put it back in before the race starts. I thought it was limited to the ISR megane server (which itself crashes at least once a day) but it isn't. Happened on previous builds also but 300 seems a lot worse.

Is there anyway to get a log of what is actually going wrong?

Other additional issues I have are the lights on other vehicles, you overtake someone with lights on or someone with lights on come up behind you, their actual headlamps look no different to a car with its lights off but your whole cockpit glows up unrealistically. It always results in me losing control. I don't know whether it actually affects your control (it might) or whether it makes me have a complete brainfart because I go from a level of realistic immersion to "wtf is going on with this cockpit glow... oh yeah someone must have lights on.... oh where did that wall come from?" I'm talking about daytime racing btw. It would be nice if you could disable this feature at the server end, I'm sure some would switch off horns as well if it were possible.

Finally I think the "unsportsmanlike behaviour" setting needs drastic improvement and utilisation. It needs to punish people for not braking when behind you, and castrate them when they use your car to rail around a corner rather than brake, just because you dared to leave 6 inches between your inside wheel and the kerb on the apex. "Of course I can fit" they say, "and even if I don't it aint me coming off!"

Online racing would be so much better if people were forced to drive how they would in real life, i.e take care of the car and yourself, or never finish a race and/or be a frequent visitor to accident and emergency.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2013
  2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Try uninstalling the ISR mods and see what happens.

3. Murtaya

Murtaya Registered

I think it might be related to the settings in the multiplayer.ini. I set them to something closer to my connection speeds and it now doesn't seem to happen, (fingers crossed)

4. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I get crashes constantly now as well. It was in the ISR server so maybe I should try removing it to see if it's the problem...