freezing after GPU memory overcloaked

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Matt Bradley, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Matt Bradley

Matt Bradley Registered

my gpu was previusly overcloaked a little, it ran fine with rfactor 2. I recently got couple of new case fans so made good use of them by further overcloaking. Been using amd's auto tune feature and msi's afterburner to test temps etc. (highest 53C so nothing wrong their)

The problem is short random drops in fps or sometimes game will completely freeze with black and gray lines down the screen, doesn't even respond to ctrl alt delete so has to be switched off. these symptoms will disappear if overcloaking is turned down about hundred mhz but will then reappear after few graphics options are turned up. It doesn't seem to matter about the gpu core cloak it only the memory cloak makes the difference.

I don't know if this is a bug or theirs something im doing wrong and if so is their anything i can do about it?
    Will be glad get info on this but for now im just gonna go back to having fun on the track even if it is on the lower graphics.

2. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

are you getting the same problems when the graphics card is set at default?
    what card is it and what speed are you trynig to run it at?
    have you tried increasing the voltage to the card a little, if the temps are ok?

3. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Hi Matt

it may be best to stick to standard clock timings while this is in beta

4. Matt Bradley

Matt Bradley Registered

runs fine on on defaults, it's a AMD Radeon HD 6700 1GB at default its at 1200mhz, it seems to have trouble with anything over 1400mhz. I hadn't thought about lack of power would have thought amd software would have worked that out its self. although that sound very likely, I think ail go read a bit into that.

I understand what your saying brian, doing stuff like this might through up problems in the game that are not the games fualt at all.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned