Framerate going up (big time) after driving a few laps.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Navigator, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Hi guys,

Though you won't hear me complaining, but yesterday a played around in the newest build and noticed that my fps went up dramatically when I first drive a few laps.
    That was always the case, but not this much. Before, I went from (measured lets say in the pits, no AI visible) 110 to 118 and now from 112 to 148......

The thing I did was alter this line in the player.PLR file to get rid of some micro stuttering: Steady Framerate Thresh="0.00100" // Allowed threshold in seconds to try to 'catch up' when falling behind using Max Framerate (use 0 for original behavior). This helps steady the framerate but may introduce more latency.
    I set the value to 0,00000

I did get rid of the stuttering and after that; I got the fps gain......anyway; I noticed then.

Now.....is this normal? Should I worry? Should I look for something odd that prevents me from getting the 148 fps in the first place?
    Is it build related?

Anyway, couldn't do no harm telling this; maybe guys who have this stuttering can look into it also.
    I think it's strange though and am wondering if I do something wrong?

2. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Interesting this

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If you did a true comparative test, then it is interesting. If you didn't, then I would say it sounds normal. The start of the race, or a session, there's a lot more going on.

4. Navigator

Navigator Registered

So.....thanks?

As I didn't see this coming, just noticed it, this doesn't qualify as a scientific test as you could already read.