FPS Loss With New G-SYNC Monitors [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by cookie, Jun 12, 2015.

1. cookie

cookie Registered

Hi all need some help solving about 100 fps loss by going to new monitors, 3 Acer 27" XB270H-G in G-SYNC at 6010x1080 @144Hz from 3 Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24 6010x1200 resolution @ 60 Hz but only in rFactor, had a increase in fps in iRacing and AC probably due to the drop in resolution.

Things that i've tried are:
    Turn off G-SYNC, run the game and monitors @60 Hz, un/reinstall rFactor, delete player.JSON file.
    Getting 60-70 fps with one car in practice on a titan X on medium settings is ridiculous.

Edit: Found a fix CTRL/ALT/TAB out then back in and my frames are back, never had to do that before, anybody no why that would give a increase in frames?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2015
  2. adaptable1

adaptable1 Registered

I'm also running into this. Thanks for the workaround, but it is something that should be fixed. Nothing like bringing home an expensive monitor and not having a title use its best capability. This could be discouraging to new users.

3. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

hi cookie. could it be that the game starts windowed mode and after alt tabbing and back, it gets full screen mode? or perhaps vise versa...
    not an expert but some people i know have had similar issues with 3 screen setups in other titles..

4. Wergilius

Wergilius Registered

most of the times rF2 do not enter full screen (dx11), alt+tab to another window and back returns full screen.
    ctrl-f, at least for me, show first 98-98 gpu usage and then 85-98 depending on track etc

I also running triples and sli (that have some other issues)

dadaboomda likes this.