FPS issues since Build 998

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by gkz, Sep 29, 2015.

1. gkz

gkz Registered

Hello,
    can a dev tell me if something about graphics rendering changed since build 998?
    Ever since this build I have trouble in the DK2. Before I always had 75 FPS non stop. Now something seems to be off with the software and FPS are dropping and I can't figure out why. Every other game I have runs normally, only rF2 changed.

The performance is effected when other cars are on the track, if I'm hotlapping alone everything runs perfect. Lowering the graphics didn't help.

Thanks.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Check CPU-temp?

3. gkz

gkz Registered

It's not temperature related

4. gkz

gkz Registered

please ISI, I really need to find out what happened

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

you do realise the DK2 is not supported right?

6. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Are you getting the same fps issues when using a regular monitor?
    If so the above post is irrelevant.

Oculus runtime was recently updated as well. Probably close in time to B998. It shoud be checked whether it is a rF2 issue or a DK2 issue.

Enviado desde mi SM-G130HN mediante Tapatalk

7. gkz

gkz Registered

I never said it was

Irrelevant how? Something changed with the software, and I'd like to know how I can fix it for me. When triple screen isn't supported I don't go tell people my single monitor runs fine so everythings perfect.
    Nothing was changed by me, only rF2 update. Same drivers, same runtimes, same everything. Before 998 it ran perfect, after something went wrong and performance isn't the same anymore.

Now that I justified my post to people that don't use DK2 and are not effected by it and also don't work at this title I rather get a response by someone that is qualified for it. Don't take it personal guys, this just isn't helping me at all.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That suggests you're asking for Help from ISI because you've lost FPS when running the DK2, as ISI don't support the DK2 I highly doubt they can help you, maybe something in the recent build broke that.
    So, how does the game run on the monitor? if that's massively affected from 998 to 1008 then you have an issue that we/ISI can help you get to the bottom of.

Otherwise if you're intent on only checking the DK2s performance then maybe the thread (Modding forum I think) can help you more as there's lots of bright sparks in there who can maybe help.

One final thing if you're only interested in ISI support:
    Note: Staff may not offer support in here at all times. Contact support if you require more immediate help than found in here.

9. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I would expect you to be using rF2 in single screen mode since there is no native support yet. Hence I don't see thd same case as multiview vs single view issue.

You might be having
    issues with your system in general which you would know if you tried with a monitor and noticed the same fps drop.

If after testing, the problem is exclusive to DK2 you won't get any official support since you are using the DK2 with rF2 at your own risk. Your complaints and questions should go to the plugin creator or tridef developing company.

If it also happens when using a monitor then you will get support since you have a legit report.

I own a DK2 but I will wait for official support due to the lots of problems reported to make dk2 properly work with rF2. I dont want to waste my money in external software to get a bad end result.

Enviado desde mi SM-G130HN mediante Tapatalk