FOV with multi view on

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by aerobaticrug, Dec 13, 2015.

1. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

I don't seem to be able to change my FOV when multi view is enabled. Am I missing something?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2. Emery

Emery Registered

FOV is automatically adjusted to match your triple screen multiview settings when you use the triple screen multiview setup command "Ctrl =". If you don't like the realistic FOV it generates, then change the distance to the screen in the tool (closer is wider FOV).

Not applicable when multiview is turned off.

3. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

Thanks for that, I'll give that a try

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

When using the triple screen tool you should only use 5760×1080, not your bezel corrected resolution. Correct?

I'm having a brain-fart about all this because I was playing AC yesterday when I remembered that (what I wrote above); so after setting the res to 5760x1080 (from my bezel corrected, 6010x1080 res) and setting up the triple screen settings in the triple screen tool, I noticed that, during replays, things would suddenly shift over from one monitor to the other as if no bezel adjustment was setup in the triple screen tool. Live gameplay, cockpit cam was fine though.

Is this a problem in RF2 as-well?

5. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

So where do you try ctr =? Not working anywhere for me?

6. Emery

Emery Registered

Correct.

Haven't noticed any shifting during replays.

7. Emery

Emery Registered

Use "ctrl =" when you're in the cockpit driving. A window pops up in the center of the screen. It is a toggle.

Reasons it may not pop up:
    1) multiview was not enabled.
    2) you have something else mapped to that keystroke
    3) a plugin might be stealing that keystroke

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Is monitor width literally the left to right width not the diagnol width?

Is bezel width for 1 bezel or both?

Thanks.

9. Emery

Emery Registered

You know, I don't know, LOL! I just adjusted those until it looked right for the known eyeball distance.

10. K9VING

K9VING Registered

You took the words out of my mouth Spinelli...... been wondering that too.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Width should mean width, not 'size'. As per the config line above, I'd guess bezel means the gap between the screens (so if the bezels aren't overlapping, you'll end up adding them... but really you just measure the gap between the screens, whatever it is).

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

For years I thought iRacing's bezel size/width meant the width of the bezel itself (either 1 or both) but I just found out that their bezel width means the width of the entire screen + bezels. After finding out I misunderstood what they meant for years, I realised it's better to get a 100% answer.

Can anyone confirm exactly what the bezel measurement means?

If RF2 does indeed only want the width of the bezel itself, does it want the width of 1 or both?

13. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Can't you adjust that approximately with your naked eye? It's not hard to see if the screens are not aligned good at bezels. Measure one bezel, enter that number and see how the screens are aligned, if it's not good aligned, measure both bezels and try again.

And on the iRacing topic, how did your screens look like if you entered 3cm for bezel size, instead of 93 cm for example? I don't understand, it's a pretty big difference.

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Instead of asking and asking and asking, try separating the screens much more (let's say a foot) and adjust until it looks about right. Then you'll know and can tell everyone else.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

i never could tell in iRacing because I never used it. i prefer to set bezel compensation in the graphics card control panel and manually selecting my FOV and therefore not dealing with the triple screen setup tool but now that A. RF2 has the tool and B. I'm starting to drive AC and IR more (AC doesn't allow you to manually set the FOV for triples like RF2 and IR do) I'm thinking about just going the triple screen tool route for all my sims (except SCE obviously).

I have a difficult time adjusting it with my naked eye. I was trying that with AC the other day for a very long time and I just can't seem to get it nailed down. Sometimes you think the bezels line up, then you change car or look at a different part of the track and they look off again. You start going in circles not knowing if it's the bezel setting or the other settings that are a little off (angle, width, distance). You start trying to adjust other settings and you never stop.