Formula2 not working.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by davedontmind, Jul 27, 2013.

1. davedontmind

davedontmind Registered

If I try to play with the formula 2 cars, rF2 stops as it's loading the track, and I find a windows error dialog has popped up behind rF2, with the following message:

Mesh RF2_GENERIC_DRIVER_2013B: Bone BIP01 R TOE1 could not be found in anim file F2_2012_STEER.ANIM

If I hit the OK button I get 2 more dialogs with similar messages, then a message that rFactor2 has stopped working.

I have run a verify on my rF2 installation, and have un-installed, re-downloaded and re-installed the ISI_Formula2_2012-v141.rfcmp file (the one from the US download link on this page), but the problem persists.

What's the problem? I'd quite like to try the formula 2 cars.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Easy test

Install rF2 "LITE" again in another directory ( you can install as many as you like )

Install F2 and one track only

DO NOT ADD ANY OLD FILES before you test.

3. davedontmind

davedontmind Registered

That was a good idea. I did this and was methodically adding packages and testing it, when I discovered the problem.

I had an older file, "ISI1058-v10-FormulaTwo_2012.rfmod" which snuck into my packages folder from somewhere, which was duplicating the F2 talent and had an additional older version of Palm Beach in. Removing this mod fixed the problem.

Thanks!