Formula Renault 3.5 Questions

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by wgeuze, Feb 11, 2015.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Having lots of fun racing this car in the league I'm in, but I have two questions concerning the car:

- I noticed on some pictures there is a lever on the right side of the cockpit (on the 2010 model, probably also in the 2014 one) and I presume this is a sort of hand operated 'parking' brake like in some other cars (for positioning on the grid for example, DTM has it as well) Is this something we can
    use on our virtual car as well?
    - In a technical manual of the car, I've read that you'll have to use the 'gear' button on the wheel to be able to select first gear as a safety precaution.

Are these things, which apply to many more cars than just this one, possible right now and if so, how?

2. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

lever could be brake bias adjustor, F1s have or alteast used to have those too

3. bwana

bwana Registered

DRS perhaps? I use my sequential lever as DRS in these.

4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

AHA!

The lever is an emergency clutch release for the marshals :)

As that one is solved for this car, the gear shifting procedures question still stands ;)

5. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Still interested in hearing opinions on gear shifting (mostly to do with neutral) procedures. What also sometimes happens in race cars is that the use of 1st
    gear is limited to a certain km/h. This does change the way you (can) drive the car in some corners, it would really be awesome if this was built in to, as it
    is part of how you drive the car in favor of realism. Same with a shift delay so you can't shift down faster than the speed of sound like some simracers tend
    to do, simply because they can get away with it..

Also some minor issue maybe, having driven this car for quite a bit now, it does feel the car is bottoming out on bumps are kerbs pretty quickly, even when
    adding ride height. Could it be the collision hulls are simply placed too low in terms of position with the actual cars' undertray?

Love it to bits, but even more with some adjustments to make it more realistic ^^

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2015
  6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

If the car reported ride height it would help answer those questions.
    Cheers.

7. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

It would be great to have that signal indeed :)

8. Lgel

Lgel Registered