Formula Reanult FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bokoboko, Jan 12, 2012.

1. bokoboko

bokoboko Registered

Hi,
    i know that there are other problems for stuff to see and i know is a beta but still i want to ask,
    when driving the formula renault at least in the slow corners i cant feel the rear...
    I cant feel if the rear tyres have grip so i can press gas,especially in the exit of the corners.
    I see my screen and if my car turns "fast" when im pressing gas i understand that im drifting(i dont have grip),so i let gas to gain grip and continue...
    As u understand this is very bad and frustrating.
    Im trying again and again to drive the formula renault but i dont have any info in my wheel in the slow corners..
    I've putted more multiplyer in ffb inside game..i tryed with 0 filter torque(cause i changed it to 8 for the noise).

Months ago i have asked u hows the driving feel and u said u cant play rfactor 1 cause 2 is much better...I saw that with the 60's formula but not with the renault(megane is somewhere in the middle,even with megane i catched myself to see the screen if the car is spining ;)).

With the 60's formula u feel the weight and the rear tyres and u turn just with the gas cause u know from the wheel that the rear tyres are on limit,u dont need to see the screen or hear the sound cause the wheel(aka ffb) tells u what to do.

So i have to ask considering that is a beta..is it going to be fixed and update the ffb so we can have more info?

I guess (but i dont know of course) that every sim racer wants physics and info info info info info and again info on our wheel!

2. krivjur

krivjur Registered

I haven't spent much time in FR 3.5, but it's typical for high downforce car to lack FFB feel on low speed. Wheel hardware is pretty important on how broad range of actual force you can have. I have a theory you can try, if you're not maxed in FFB already.

In UserData\Controller.ini
    Code:
    Steering torque extrap time="0.01500" // Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050.  To disable, set 'blend' to 0.0)
    Steering torque extrap blend="0.00000" // Higher blends of extrapolated value allows driver to feel torque changes even when actual torque exceeds 'input max' (0.0=disables, 1.0=max)
    If I understand it right, "Steering torque extrap blend" should allow more feel in situation your FFB force is clipping (occurs more with high FFB multiplier). So increasing that should allow you to increase the FFB multiplier and still regain some feel of force change at high speed cornering. As should increased FFB multi help with feel on lower speeds.

Another one is "Steering torque extrap time" which should help catching the car faster (if the extrapolating works in the right direction). This is bit like "Exaggerate Yaw" for the FFB.

3. bokoboko

bokoboko Registered

Thank u very much my friend ill try them :) much appreciated

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

Same issue for me. Corner entry is good and predictable i can feel it well, but accelerating in the middle of corner or on exit, im spinning without any warning or feeling of FFB. I'm on full front and rear downforce and its not helping the issue.

5. bokoboko

bokoboko Registered

I tested them but nothing :(
    thanks anyway :)