Formula E Gen 3 Read Battery Charge

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by Steohan, Apr 23, 2023.

1. Steohan

Steohan Registered

Does someone know how to read the battery charge with a plugin for the new Formula E Gen 3? For the Gen 2 I used to take mFuel / mFuelCapacity from TelemInfoV01. However, for the Gen 3 I always get value 1 for both of these values. I also tried the new mBatteryChargeFraction but the values I get just seem random.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think the Gen3 not reporting properly is a known issue, unless I've missed an update.

The plugin example hasn't been fixed yet, it's missing a double (deltabest) before the battery stuff, per this thread. That'll fix the random values for you.

@Alex Sawczuk any chance that example could be updated on the modding resources? Plus could you confirm the Gen3 status? Thanks!

Ricardo Diz likes this.
  3. Steohan

Steohan Registered

Thanks for the quick reply! Makes sense that this value would be deltabest. However, if I add the missing double, the value I get for mBatteryChargeFraction is always 0 so it doesn't solve my problem.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Sorry, yeah, those 2 are separate: fixing the code stops the random values, but that car isn't reporting properly.