Formula E Gen 3 Issues

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by CRMS, Apr 21, 2023.

1. CRMS

CRMS Registered

Well, it is a small improvement over Gen 2. But as the official FE game, I think it should be doing better. A few comments:
    1. Battery regen doesn't seem to work - I get a "not available message". Regen did seem to work in the previous Gen 2 game.
    2. Lap delta is shown on the basic steering wheel display, but not best lap and last lap. As I understand the Gen 2 wheel is the only item carried over to the Gen 3 car. Can the developers just please copy the wheel??
    3. Gen 2 motor power could be selected. Seems to have disappeared in Gen 3.
    4. Seat back runs out of range at 210.

upload_2023-4-21_19-15-46.png

3. Attack mode goes active, but couldn't see any indication of time remaining or feel extra power etc.

2. AKR

AKR Registered

Also loosing the rear of the car does hardly produce any tire sound from the rear tires, sometimes it feels the back swings like an elastic band. A bit like driving in asseto corsa. Please make tire sound louder, at least the rears.

3. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

Regen doesn't exist in Gen3 as a configurable item. Regen now works only when you apply the brakes. There is an indicator on the wheel for regen level but it's not active. I liked the last lap and fastest lap displays and miss them, too. Motor power is still selectable, but it's a different key mapping now. See the Gen3 announcement page...at the bottom of that page, there is more info. I don't see a reason why you would want to change the motor power on the fly anyway. 350 is the Attack Mode power; 300 is race and anything lower (250/220/110) is for, well, I dunno, maybe driving to the grocery store.
    Edit: https://www.studio-397.com/2023/04/2023-q2-update-and-dlc-released/ scroll down to the User Guide.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
    Ricardo Diz likes this.
  4. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

I mentioned this on the Discord that Gen3 cars seem to crash a lot more than Gen2 or earlier. Even with mistakes set at 1.0, I hardly ever saw crashes with Gen2 or earlier. A setting of 1.0 with Gen3 has them crashing all over the track. I need to test smaller values to find something acceptable for me.