Formula Cars Handling Issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by panande, Mar 17, 2013.

1. panande

panande Registered

For me its now not anylonger possible to do good laptimes at for example: Melbourne (1:37.xxx dry) in rFactor2.

In rF1 I did 1.28-1.30 with several mods, but now the cars just feel like they are slippin around all the time.

2. can`t wait 4 rF2

can`t wait 4 rF2 Registered

can`t confirm.....use setup options and practise practise practise.

On F1ligue2013 mod in race condition about 1:35/1:33, hotlap 1:28.9xx for me and a stable car.

EDIT: Wich wheel? Hardware? Wheel settings?

3. panande

panande Registered

I practice alot you can believe me. But Im just the worst setup maker ever. I cant do anything right in that menu. I know what should help and so on, but in the end I just have the complete bull**** setup #1 :(

And I got a DFGT with G25 Pedals and set it to 400° turning radius and 25° steering lock.
    And in rF1 I was way faster with the standard setups.

Main issue is the throttle and weird bumps at Melbourne.
    The track is flat and bamm suddenly theres a bump which forces me into the grass.

And I already feel like Im on the limit, so maybe its just the setup, but as I said in rF1 things were alot better :D

(Grüße aus Bayern :D Ich schreib das nur in englisch wegen den Engländern hier im Forum ^^)

4. can`t wait 4 rF2

So what??

Wich mod??

Btw let`s talk about it in the german forum, so we can talk in our language.

This is Hamburg calling :)

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Ï have Thrustmaster F430 wheel and I have problems keeping f1 cars (now trying the f1ligue mod) on track. Mostly the issue is that I spin when I turn in or if I survive from that then I spin with low gear acceleration.

I admit that I need alot more practice and I might also have poor setup. My best lap has been 1.32.xxx in Melbourne. That would be ok if I could do those laps consistently but usually I just spin.

Could somebody share a good setup with me? I felt that vehicle set steering range is better with f1 car (usually I use 900 degrees). I always set my steering lock something like 7 degrees below the default.

Is giving some throttle when turning in a "no no" with f1 cars?

6. whiplash

whiplash Registered

I guess your steering rack is too slow, meaning you can't react quick enough. Try using way more steering lock, like the 7 degrees you took away in the first place :D And no, you can apply throttle on turn-in, just careful!

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

You mean that I should react quicker or that I can not react quick enough because of my wheel? But will try if raising steering lock will help. Thanks for a quick reply.

8. can`t wait 4 rF2

What`s about your Steering wheel range ingame? Try to increase it about 50 degrees ;)

9. whiplash

whiplash Registered

Just that with a quicker steering (more steering lock in the setup, or less rotation on your wheelsetup) you are automatically faster in your reactions. Like if you change from a bus into a lotus. Understood how i meant that? Sorry, still way too drunk... :D

10. Mawzipan

Mawzipan Registered

What helped me a lot with the traction and stability was setting the rear wing to max (about 74 degrees) and lowering the front wing by about 2 degrees from the default

11. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Yeah, understood now. Bad hangover here :D

12. can`t wait 4 rF2

Try this settings and tell us.....

[​IMG]

13. whiplash

whiplash Registered

I would not (only) adjust balance by aero, it just makes you slow on the straights. Try adjusting suspension, geometries, tyres and differential first.

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

It felt promising. I will try more later. But it was definently more stable when turning in.

15. can`t wait 4 rF2

:D;)

maybe we see us on the french server tonight? Your ingame name is TIG_green??

16. Rocksor

Rocksor Registered

Hi!
    There is one question I have had for a long time now. It's slightly off-topic, but I think it also fits here as it relates to a part of the setup which is quite important for the stability: The differential.

I have the understandings of how a locking differential works mechanically as well as from the view of vehicle dynamics. At least power, coast and preload... Nevertheless I have no idea what the "differential pump" does.
    My google research gave me two different answers:

One is that increasing pump increases the pull of the front wheel for 4WD cars, but I can adjust that value in every F1 car in rF1 and rF2 and I'm pretty sure that all of those are RWD...

The other is that it can somehow work against the downsides of a whatever adjustment you make in the power and coast...

But I would like to understand it. So could anyone explain what it does (mechanical and in terms of vehicle dynamics)?

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Yes, that is my name :)

But can not make it tonight because I'm hosting a server from 20.00 GMT+2 to 22.00 GMT+2 with Meganes. RookiesNight_WSu, if you like to join ;)

18. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

+1

19. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

http://charismapro.createmybb.com/showthread.php?tid=10

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Stiffen front shocks, increase coast diff, increase front brake bias, soften rear anti roll bar, less rear bump, add tiny amount of + toe to front or back (or both), cambers also effect your braking, entry, mid-corner, exit, etc. a lot.