Forcefeedback strength on gravel and kerbs.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrR1pper, Jul 10, 2013.

1. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Hi guys, does anyone know if it's possible to reduce the force-feedback strength when going over rumble strip kerbs and into gravel traps? My wheel makes a loud rattling noise because of the high force-feedback sent to my wheel when i run over these kerbs and if i go into gravel traps. The issue for me is that i like to race late into the evening when everyone else is trying to sleep and this (rather loud) noise can be an issue.

2. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

There is a FFB Smoothing option in controller settings in the sim. I run mine at 14. I'm assuming your talking about the G25/G27?

3. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

To really feel everything you should, you really need to run a much lower FFB smoothing setting. Try zero after using a high smoothing number after a while. It really brings things to life.

4. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

DR1ipper is trying to be considerate of others in his house and smoothing=0 doesn't=considerate by any means. I usually run 10-12 with the FFB multiplier at 1.0-1.2 (1.5-1.7 with the Williams F2). Smoothing is a compromise that increases latency with higher numbers. In the paddock, click settings, controls. Car-specific FFB Multiplier and the FFB Smoothing adjustments are made there. Note that car-specific thing...you may have to change the settings as you move from car to car.

5. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

RCRacing, i use a CSR-Elite and i only use a smoothing of 0 (even when i was using a g25). While raising it would probably solve the issue, it affects the ffb everywhere else which i'm not willing to compromise. But thx for the suggestion. I'm trying to find out if there is another way around the problem with maybe targeting the kerb and gravel trap ffb strengths (if at all possible).

6. Coanda

Coanda Registered

7. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

For me the rumble strips give almost no FFB. So I upped the canned Rumble Strip Magnitude from 0.0 to 0.5. It felt great but had a tendency to not turn off. The wheel just keeps on vibrating even when car comes to a complete stop. I lowered it to 0.25 and the oscillation happens less often but still did occur sometimes. Too bad because I enjoyed "feeling" the rumble strips.